Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Another surgery for Juan

Yesterday, Juan couldn't get any purees down at dinner so we wondered if she might have a piece of food stuck again (Bria still tries to share!). Thankfully, she already had another esophageal dilation scheduled for today.  We still were a bit surprised when the surgeon showed us what he found though! A toy stuck in her esophagus! (None of my kids have ever put stuff in their mouths like Juan does?!! Maybe it's because she's trying out different textures since she's limited to purees/liquids?) I felt horrible!! It was a soft rubbery piece off a super hero toy. I'm so thankful she didn't gag it up during her sleep and choke on it! The surgeon said her stricture was about 10mm when he started (though I think it was less because I measured the toy and it should have been able to fit through that) and he was able to stretch it to around 13mm, though he said she bled more than he would have liked so he wants us to watch her closely over the next 36 hours. Juan seemed to tolerate everything well and was happy to have some soup at Panera again after we left the hospital.
It was an early morning considering we had to be there at 6am and live 2 hours away...

Happy to be home again. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment