~Friday, May 9, 2014~
** Warning** Be prepared to laugh and smile your heart out at this precious little girl. This post has an overload of cuteness!!
Our day started off amazingly well. I actually enjoyed a long, hot shower without Beilyn screaming for me, and then she let Alex play with her while I got ready! We went down for our last breakfast at the Galactic Peace. Their breakfast is delicious, but it was starting to feel like "Groundhog Day" because we would choose the same food options everyday (partly because Alex would have to get my food for me while I stayed with Beilyn so we kept it simple) and they must have had the music on a repeat CD because we'd listen to the same music every morning. The difference though is that each day kept getting better with our little dumpling.
We skyped with the girls and they giggled and giggled at Beilyn...at her skirt falling off her tiny butt, her saying "ge-ge" for them, waving, and scooting along the bed. They are going to have a blast with her.
The best thing about today is that Beilyn decided she likes her daddy. :) She still prefers me but has let him hold her more today and even carry her around town just a little! And she thinks he is super fun!
 |
| Being extra cute peeking around the corner at mommy. |
 |
| Packing up. Beilyn was sitting contently with some baby wipes. For her to sit alone like that is a huge improvement from where we were just 48 hours ago. |
 |
| Sitting on the couch where we had our Gotcha Day. She is blooming before our eyes! |
 |
| Headed to Guangzhou! (Our flight is in the bottom left corner) This was not Beilyn's first time out of her province as she went to Beijing for her open heart surgery but this was her first time on an airplane! |
 |
| Our guide, Shirley, was awesome! She has a passion for what she does. She has two children, a boy and a baby girl. She chose to pay the fine to have a 2nd baby because she loves children! She worked hard for us to visit Brielle's foster family too! |
|
 |
| Yesterday, Shirley was telling us about what the Chinese zodiac animals mean. We asked what Beilyn's Year of the Dragon means. She replied, "Unique." Yes, that's our Beilyn. ♥ She said that I was born in the Year of the Goat. I didn't have to ask her what it meant. I know I'm stubborn. ;) |
 |
| Happy girl ready for her 1st flight. |
 |
| She was awake the entire flight (which was way smoother than the last time we flew in China!) and was a great traveler, so I hope that means our long flight home will go well. (You can start praying for that now...) |
 |
| Thanks for the stickers, Louanne. :) |
 |
| Going "Way High!" with daddy! |
 |
| We are staying at the Garden Hotel this time. It is beautiful and has lots of places to walk and a variety of restaurants around it. Our agency travel rep was able to get us a free upgrade to a suite too. |
 |
| Beilyn's new bed for the week. |
 |
| Beilyn fell asleep when we went out walking. She slept right through our meal at an Italian restaurant. The food was delicious and it was a moment to relax for us! |
 |
| Another glimpse at Beilyn's level of trust now. Sitting with her daddy and letting him feed her noodles. |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures! She was having so much fun and my normally "can't stand a mess" husband was letting her dig right in. :) Notice he did make me put a napkin below them to catch her mess! |
 |
| Another big accomplishment for the day. Beilyn actually sat in bath water! I've been having to stand in the tub with her and do a quick wash down. Actually, we've mostly avoided baths because they upset her so much. |
 |
| A moment of fun...then she screamed when I washed her hair. Baby steps forward. |
 |
| It took awhile to get her calmed down but then she was her silly self again. |
At bedtime, she struggled again but we know there is a happy little girl learning to trust us in there! We have been blown away with Beilyn's changes over the last week. I have no doubt that God has big plans for her life, and we have the honor of watching it all play out.
The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.
~ Mulan, Walt Disney Co.
Yay! What an awesome post! Beilyn is a sweetie! That was a big step for Alex too;)
ReplyDeleteShe is going to fit right in!
ReplyDeleteIt is an honor to see your sweet baby bloom. Oh my goodness how her little face has relaxed and to see the happiness in her eyes!!! Amen sista!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a difference a week makes! I am ecstatic for all of you on how well Beilyn is doing! The pictures of the three of you are just perfect! God is GREAT!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, my friend. Our God is a God of redemption. <3
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Shirley is AWESOME, as is the Garden Hotel (although when we first got there, I was very sad at having left Caylie's province.)
Enjoy your week! I know you love China.
This is an awesome post! So happy that all of this is taking place :) she is adorable! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Love to she her bloom and the trust growing! Can't wait to see all your girls together!
ReplyDeleteIt is EXACTLY like she is blooming right before our eyes! What a blessing - I am smiling right along with her!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been posting on September Sweeties very long at all and I have to admit when u shared the issues this baby girl had I was concerned.. She is so, so happy to have a mommy & daddy though it just exudes through the screen.. She has this totally magic smile.. Thank God you didn't miss this child like you said! And Tara you are such an extremely patient, giving and loving mother... This little sweetie looks like a Love Sponge... She's just drinking it all in... Thank God you had the courage to "look past the label". This little girl may need extra assistance but I thin she'll make up for any challenges with her amazingly resilient rich spirit...
ReplyDeleteI haven't been posting on September Sweeties very long at all and I have to admit when u shared the issues this baby girl had I was concerned.. She is so, so happy to have a mommy & daddy though it just exudes through the screen.. She has this totally magic smile.. Thank God you didn't miss this child like you said! And Tara you are such an extremely patient, giving and loving mother... This little sweetie looks like a Love Sponge... She's just drinking it all in... Thank God you had the courage to "look past the label". This little girl may need extra assistance but I believeçshe'll make up for any challenges with her amazingly resilient rich spirit...
ReplyDelete