Friday, June 22, 2018

Father's Day, Bible School, and more

Saturday, June 9~ We went to Edinburgh to pick up Dora, our RV, which had been getting a tune up. I had planned to take the big girls with me to the outlet mall afterwards but Brielle wasn't acting quite herself so I left her with Alex. He sent this picture of Brielle passed out in the RV just a few minutes later. ha! Thankfully, all she needed was a good nap.
June 10th, before church. 
Sunday afternoon walk. I love that I have a picture of each "set" of my girls in this stroller... Braylee & Brynna and then Brielle & Beilyn. I need to pull out the other pics to compare. 
So many helpers. ☺
Tuesday, June 12th~ First shopping trip to mall and Target with all 6 of my girlies by myself.
I feel like the luckiest momma ever. ♥
This girl LOVES her some cherries.
Juan knows what's good. She loves Chick-fil-a vanilla cones as much as the rest of us. 
Her little tongue. ☺

This was a busy week! While I'm technically still on maternity leave, the doctor I work for is in Europe for a couple of weeks, which left our other doctor in the office by himself. So I went in to work three days this week to help out. BellaMei didn't seem to mind too much because Braylee was taking care of her (with Gramma's help), but she must have missed me because on Thursday evening, I got my first unsolicited kiss from her. ♥
Friday, June 15th~ Surprised the girls with a trip to our favorite bakery for made-to-order Long Johns and fried pies... and maybe some honey buns and donut holes too. ☺
That evening, we had a big family cook-out at Gramma & Pappy's house.
The big kids seemed to have the most fun!
My Walmart helper. 
Saturday, June 16th~ BellaMei walked from our master bath all the way to the living room!

Sunday, June 17th was a big day! The girls put on a little show and gave Alex homemade gifts for Father's Day. Brynna's gift had us all in tears. She gave him a stack of envelopes with instructions not to open them until the day written on the outside... the day when we've completed the challenge of all 50 states, the day she graduates, the day she gets married, the day she becomes a mom... ♥ So sweet! I think my girls realize how blessed they are to have him for a daddy!
In the afternoon, we witnessed Sydney & Addison's baptisms, on their daddy's birthday!

That evening was the start of VBS at church. At one point, I noticed Juan was trying to stand up completely on her own. I knew that once she figured it out, she would officially be on the go. I'm so glad I happened to capture it on camera. So many of her firsts we have missed but this was pretty special! When I was getting her ready for bed that night, Bria was saying, "my mommy" and Juan responded "my momma!" ♥
Alex presenting the lesson to Beilyn's class.
14.5 months ~ Officially walking!

Juan jabbers a lot and uses her signs regularly. She's also starting to put two words together. She said, "Bye dad!" as he left for work one morning. If I say "hello" she puts her hand to her ear like she's talking on the phone but if I say "hi" she waves and says "hi" back. haha! She's always been an early riser but usually sleeps well through the night. Now she is teething though so we've had some rough nights and extra early mornings. Thank goodness Alex likes to get up early! She still wants to eat all.the.time but has started making her preferences known! If she doesn't like something, she will turn her head to the right when I offer her a bite. But if I can show her that one of her sisters will eat it, she will gobble it up! Little girl is smart and opinionated! ☺
Her sign language for "No, thank you." ☺
Bria is beginning to love her big sister role.
Golf Camp. Brielle's 1st year!
My "Amelia Bedelia" who takes everything literally. The first time she did this, I thought she was just being her unique self, but then it hit me...she's SITTING ON THE WALL like I told her to. If only she always obeyed so exactly, she might not find herself in time out as often! haha! Now, I try to remember to say "next to the wall," but sometimes I forget. It's so hard to discipline her when she's so stinking funny! 
Aunt Trista & Miles came down for the day.
I've never had babies this close in age before. Some days are hard, but there are lots of precious moments like this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment