Friday, May 11th~
We've always flown out of Hong Kong, but this was our first time getting to spend an extra day here. We were excited to explore the bustling city! Hong Kong is technically connected to mainland China by the Kowloon Peninsula with Hong Kong Island across the harbor, but the whole area is Hong Kong. We stayed on the Kowloon side. Our hotel was right along that red line under the "Tsim Sha Tsui" on the map.
I moved Juan to her little crib after she fell asleep in our bed last night, but I ended up bringing her back to our bed in the middle of the night. Poor girl is struggling, but soon she will have her very own bed and can get back on a routine. ๐
Braylee, our less adventurous eater, was thrilled with the Holiday Inn breakfast buffet, especially the automatic pancake maker. Alex commented that two weeks of travel is catching up with us as we were all a little slow moving this morning. We didn't leave the hotel until about 9:15am. We took the subway across the harbor to Hong Kong Island and then walked about 1/2 mile to the Victoria Peak tram. A half mile is no big deal, we've walked miles and miles this trip, but this included steep hills and lots of stairs. It felt like the Great Wall again, except this time I had a 20lb baby attached to me. ๐
 |
| Tram to Victoria Peak the overlooks Hong Kong |
 |
| It was a steep incline! |
 |
| It was overcast that morning but we could still see Victoria Harbor well and across to where our hotel was. |
 |
| Riding back down in a little bus. |
 |
| Quick lunch at McDonalds. |
 |
| Braylee wanted a turn carrying baby sister too. |
 |
| Then we rode the double-decker ding ding trams around the island. The weather was perfect! |
 |
| We rode the Star Ferry back over to our hotel in the late afternoon. |
 |
| This yogurt place was fun! You choose the frozen fruit toppings you want and then they blend it in for you. The pineapple & coconut was delicious! |
 |
| They also had ice cream. Most flavors look familiar but there are some unique ones too. |
We ate dinner at a KFC. While Alex was in line, Brynna and I ventured out on our own to find more rice cereal and formula for Juan. She tolerates a thickened bottle much better than plain formula. In the beginning, we didn't realize this and I was really worried about her lungs. She sounded so junky and seemed to be aspirating. (When we visited the orphanage, her foster mom even instructed me on how to cup my hand to pat on her back for this reason. I love that she was worried about Juan and that she was knowledgeable on how to care for her. ๐) With the thickened formula though, those symptoms are almost gone. During dinner, Juan was sitting in my lap eating mashed potatoes (which she loved) but she threw most of it up...and farted at the same time. I laughed so hard at her that I couldn't even catch my breath to clean up the puke. I must be getting delirious.
We ended the day at the harbor- watching the boats, waiting for the skyline to light up, and soaking in the last moments of this amazing trip.
 |
| I am incredibly thankful our girls have gotten to travel so much. It is so fun to see the world through their eyes too. Here they were sitting in Hong Kong, playing a game they had learned in San Antonio last year, and talking about how the buildings reminded them of Chicago. |
 |
| Perfect ending to our trip |
 |
| We packed all of our stuff one last time and got our sweet baby ready for bed. |
 |
| She fell asleep with mommy again. |
 |
| I transferred her to her bed and thanked the Lord again that we get to be her family. ♥ |
No comments:
Post a Comment