Wednesday, May 9th~
Guangzhou is known for its tropical and very humid weather year round. The last time we were at the Safari Park in May, we were sweated wet as soon as we entered the park. The girls and I purposefully saved our tank tops for this day. Then it ended up being the coolest day of our entire trip! The forecast called for rain all day but thankfully, it only rained for an hour in the afternoon. The forecast must have kept the crowds away too because we were shocked at how quiet it was! I told Alex my China mom friends wouldn't even believe me when I told them we spent 5 hours at the Safari Park without breaking a sweat or being stuck in a crowd!
We took the big safari ride around the park first and then checked out the different exhibits. This safari ride is similar to the one at Disney except there are a ton more animals! Some of the park has been redone in honor of the panda triplets that were born there recently. The new area included a 4D theater with a cartoon featuring the panda triplets. We loved the interactive show! When it started to rain in the afternoon, we took the gondola ride over the safari area.
 |
| We arrived just as the park was opening and a school bus had unloaded. We joked the place would be even more packed than usual because it was "field trip" day, but we actually felt like we had the place to ourselves! |
 |
| Our own zoo for the day! |
 |
| I had told the girls there would be animals out roaming, free of cages, so they weren't shocked when we encountered the orangutan just hanging around as we walked in. |
 |
| First safari ride! |
 |
| View from the safari. So many animals everywhere and the new gondolas overhead. |
 |
| My heart 💖 |
 |
| People were feeding the giraffes so they kept stretching their necks across the fence and I think Brynna was a tad bit anxious. ☺ |
We decided to try a Cantonese place for dinner. Bad idea. haha! We had trouble ordering even with pictures and the food wasn't what we were expecting. Still, it was a fun experience. I'm pretty sure I bit into a chicken head! After dinner, we found a cute gelato place.
 |
| The food on the bottom left...I grabbed a big chunk of the green veggies, fully thinking it was a green pepper. It was not. ha! It was actually "bitter melon." We had it in Beijing when we were here in 2014. I'm not a fan. |
 |
| Missing our girls at home so much. We are constantly seeing things that make us wish they were here, like those cute mini ice cream cones. |
 |
| And these beautiful cherries. Beilyn is obsessed with cherries right now. |
 |
| Last sleep in mainland China. |
It was time to pack up...our last night in mainland China. We're going to miss China so much, but we miss our girls at home even more! We Facetimed with them before heading to bed.
 |
| I never figured out what the secret was but how cute is this? Beilyn whispering secrets to us via Facetime. ♥ |
"Daddy hold BellaMei" ♥♥
No comments:
Post a Comment