Monday, October 20, 2008

Insurance...such a pain

I'm thinking I won't be having the surgery on Wednesday. :( I'm so bummed because I just really want to get it over. I'm nervous about the surgery, but even more so about the recovery...and I really do not want to be dealing with that at Christmas time. When I called the insurance company today, the first lady said they should know something in 10-15 days!?! I told her I had been told we would have an answer by Monday. I talked to two different people and they gave me 3 different dates on when my information was supposedly received. It's so frustrating. I'm grateful to have insurance, but it seems ridiculous that they are trying to decide if this surgery is necessary. It's not like I'm asking for a nose job! ;) I would never voluntarily ask for my jaw to be broken! So, here I sit...waiting to talk to my oral surgeon's office tomorrow to see what the plan is.

3 comments:

  1. How frustrating! I'll be praying you get an answer from the insurance company! Sometimes the things they argue with seem so silly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the fustration...I went through the same thing when I had to get my dental work back in Jr. High. I had a 4-wheeler wreck in 6th grade causing my jaw to get TMJ. The dental insurance said that it was medical and the medical said it was dental. So somehow they split the bill because it was caused by a wreck and I needed braces to help repair. After 5 years of braces...I still have TMJ but my teeth are straight.
    Hopefully, you will be able to hear something soon and you won't have to worry about the recovery during Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pain! I hope you are able to get some sort of a concrete answer from someone. I know it is so frustrating working with insurance companies. I so feel your pain! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete