Sunday, November 16, 2008

We're there!

We arrived in Williamsburg, VA last night. Overall, the roadtrip was a success since we arrived safely, but I'll say it wasn't the most enjoyable trip I've been on. Riding in a van with 3 men and 2 little girls...well, I spent the day listening to financial and sports talk and then the notorious, "Are we there yet?!" We all had a big giggle when only 13 minutes after pulling out of the driveway, we heard Braylee's first, "Are we almost there!?" :) I'll also say for all those minivan junkies out there...I still am not convinced. We rode in Marv and Lou's van. I realize it was a bit more packed than usual (although all of the luggage was in a trailer being towed behind us) with some blankets and snacks though. I'm sure I'll change my mind when baby #3 comes along in the future, but for now, I'm glad we went with another SUV.
The kids are all having fun, but Brynna and Gabe are both missing their puppies and have asked about them this morning. :) Ok, we're off for breakfast. Hope you all have a great week too!

8 comments:

  1. Have a good trip! As for the mini van.....I've had one and now drive an Expedition. I love my SUV have way more room in it an will not drive another mini van!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mini-vans are for toting kids around in not over grown adults! ha ha...i think you should have taken an RV!! ha ha Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tera. Well, this comment is totally out of the topic. However, Aliah and I will visit GC over Christmas/New Year. We will get there on Dec. 18. Maybe we could meet up. Would love to meet you and your girls. Greets from the Swiss Chick. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great week on your trip!

    My mom had a van once and hated it! She has stuck to her SUV's every since :) As for me, I'm definitely an SUV kind of gal too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately get my vote for the SUV...seem more roomy and just make me feel younger...At age 34, every little bit helps! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you arrived safe & sound! Hope you have a nice trip! ;)

    Oh, don't burst my minivan bubble! I'm SO wanting a Honda Odyssey. The one we rode in had TONS of room. After riding in my dad's SUV with 4 adults and then riding in the minivan, I was completely convinced minivan was the way to go if you are traveling because there was so much more room. Now you've got me wondering...what kind are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls! We rode down here in a Chrysler Town & Country...it's pretty loaded with leather seats and all that jazz. Perhaps the main problem is I still have Brynna rear-facing (big advocate for this!) but in the rear seat...such a pain trying to get her in and out. I drive an Envoy with 3rd seat. I'm very happy with it right now. Having carseats in the middle minivan seats probably wouldn't be as bad, but then you still have to climb over them to use the back seats. ?? I'm sure there are pros and cons to both.
    Christine- yes, we'll have to try to meet up. Wow...what a big trip for little Aliah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaden does the same thing--15mins after we leave, "Are we almost there?" or "How much longer?" Glad it was at least safe!

    ReplyDelete