Watching Daddy make a snow angel...
Friday evening, we decided to plan a quick trip to Indy at the last minute. Due to the snow storm, Alex's basketball was canceled for Sat., so after his bible study Saturday morning, we loaded up the car and went to Indy for the rest of the weekend. We attended the Home Show at the state fairgrounds. We got some great ideas and advice for our new house. From there, we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory. Yum!! We were stuffed full and ordered our cheesecake to go, but of course the girls had to get a quick taste in before we left!


The girls had been waiting all day to go swimming, and as soon as we were checked into our hotel room, they started changing into their swimsuits. Brynna was a little top heavy at first in her life jacket...it kept tipping her forward and she'd get water in her mouth. Once we explained that she had to keep her feet moving, she swam all over the pool and had races with her big sis. They both LOVE jumping in too.

Braylee "swimming" under water.

Sunday, we made it home in time for a Super Bowl party at Jenn & Brad's house. It was a typical Super Bowl party for me...the men were watching the game in the basement, while the ladies chatted upstairs. :)
Acting silly in the hotel Sunday morning
Tuesday, Alex and I met with the guy designing our house. We spent two hours making changes to our plans. His program allows us to see the house in 3D. It's so realistic that you can "see" in the windows when looking at the exterior...very cool. The snow had drifted so much while we were there, Alex and I barely made it out of his drive. It's the little adventures like that that remind me how much I enjoy my husband and his personality. :) The wind was blowing the snow around so much that at times it felt like we were driving through a blizzard. A few pictures to share...She set up an entire little office do check ups on her babies.

A few weeks ago, we went to see Hotel for Dogs with Abby, Lillie, and Pierce.
Watching Charlie Brown with her sissy.

Brynna had seen me measuring rooms (trying to prepare for the house)...guess she wondered if Leila would fit in the new house. :) When I asked her how big, she replied "29!" It reminded me of my nephew Ely...He went through a phase when his answer to everything involving numbers was "28." 

Braylee went home with Lillie from church last night. It sounds like they had a lot of fun, but I missed snuggling her last night.
Tonight at dinner as Brynna was shoveling food into her mouth, I said, "You're a little piggy!" She said, "No I'm not. I'm me! I'm Brynna!" :)
Continue to keep Chelsa, Ryan, and Brycen in your prayers. I can't imagine the loss they are going through right now. As Andon's due date approaches, I'm sure it will be extremely hard on them. My heart breaks for them.
Tonight at dinner as Brynna was shoveling food into her mouth, I said, "You're a little piggy!" She said, "No I'm not. I'm me! I'm Brynna!" :)
Continue to keep Chelsa, Ryan, and Brycen in your prayers. I can't imagine the loss they are going through right now. As Andon's due date approaches, I'm sure it will be extremely hard on them. My heart breaks for them.







Adorable girls Tera. So how stressful is building a house? We are looking for a new vehicle and that is stressful enough. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWe had the Vet clinic at our house yesterday...about 10 of the stuff animals were injured and sick. Dr.Griffin had me bring him the pets and he took care of them and then tucked them all in Les & I's bed! too funny! I LOVE that pic of Braylee at the hotel...is that through a window or reflection in the background..very cool.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun in Indy :) Yum the cheesecake factory. I'm jealous!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new house. It's been fun building our new house but I'm ready to be done!! We will hopefully be in ours by next weekend!! BTW your girls are adorable...i love looking at your blog!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh...I love the Home Show. We went last year and it was so cool. I loved the model houses they had set up...gave me lots of ideas for my future house!
ReplyDeleteLoved the piggy story. Had a similar moment with Ariel when we asked if she was a baby, she replied, no, I no baby, I Ariel. Hehe, ah kids. :)
ReplyDelete