Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How Sweet it Is!

Friday, the girls wore their special shirts to daycare. I was glad Braylee was feeling better so she wouldn't miss her Valentine party. Even though Brynna looks perfectly fine in this picture, by 8:30 daycare had already called to tell me Brynna had started with diarrhea. :( Poor thing. Braylee was able to stay and enjoy the day though...and brought home lots of goodies.Saturday morning when the girls woke up, we made heart-shaped pancakes and said a little prayer for baby Andon's family.
The girls couldn't wait to open their Vday gifts. They each received a new swimsuit and Princess stickers and candy. Braylee had an extra surprise, a swimsuit cover up. Brynna gets to inherit Braylee's old one. ;) The girls were definitely in the mood to model on Sat. morning.

Then, it was time for Mommy to go to work at the Quick Care Clinic...and Daddy had already been gone to his bball tournament all morning. Bridgette came to babysit. The girls were sooo excited. She brought them heart-shaped ring pops and sugar cookies with icing! She took some pictures of Brynna enjoying her cookies, so cute!
Once Alex was home, he brought the girls by the clinic to give me a card. I could tell right away it was a card that played music, but I was so surprised when I opened it and heard each of my girls say "I love you, Mommy." Then the song "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" played. I just about started crying, but I held it in since I was at work. If only you could have seen the girls too...only a dad would take them out of the house looking the way they did! :)

Sunday after church, we were sitting at the dinner table when Brynna fell out of her seat. She exclaimed, "I dropped me-self!" She is such a silly girl! The girls went down for naps while I put things together for small groups that evening. This is how I found Braylee...my kids do such weird stuff at nap time!
During small group, Brooke made the comment that we hadn't heard from Braylee and Willow for awhile. It wasn't long before Willow walked into the family room with bright red toes. Oh Dear, I thought! When I went to the bathroom door (which was locked), I said, "Braylee?" Immediately, I heard, "Soooorrryy." in an I-know-I'm-in-trouble tone of voice. Luckily, they did manage to keep most of the nail polish on themselves, but still...what a mess!
Yesterday, the sun was out and while it was still cold, the girls decided they wanted to spend some time outside. Then Aunt Trista did a little shopping with us.

10 comments:

  1. LOve the swimsuits! Id love to know where you got them, I can't seem to find anything that I like elsewhere!e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the valentines shirts, sorry to hear the darling was sick! No fun! The swimsuits are too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the prayer on saturday~ we appreciate it tera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love Target. PS- the B&W pic of Bry is amazing! You need to blow it up and frame it

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls look so sweet modeling their new suits, and I bet they can't wait until it is warm so they can wear them outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun shoes Brynna has on...Annabel would love those;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brynna looks so different in that b&w pic. I covered the rest of the screen and ask Vaughn who that picture was and he had no idea. Maybe its the hair down?? Either way its of course a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tera I love the b&w picture. That is so funny about Braylee & Willow. I know it was not funny at the time I'm sure, but I love to think about all those moments like that when the children are in trouble and they know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful girls have such winning personalities! I'm glad at least Braylee got to enjoy her V-day party, and I love the heart shaped pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jillian picked out that same swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete