Monday, September 13, 2010

Full Schedule

We have a full schedule lined up this school year. Gymnastics on Tuesdays, Awana at church on Wednesdays, and dance classes on Thursdays. My girls love it, and I love watching them learn and grow. Just hoping we don't get too worn out.

Wednesday night kicked off another year of Awana for the girls. Braylee moved up to "Sparks" and Brynna is now a "Cubbie." Greta and I are teaching the other Cubbie class. Alex is in his 6th year of teaching the 5th & 6th graders so he must like it. I prefer to stick with the younger kids...they say the funniest stuff! :)

Posing for a quick picture after Awana. I noticed Brynna was standing funny.

She said, "I'm standing like a ballerina!" :)

My little dancer finally became a REAL ballerina at her 1st dance class the next night! She was sooo excited! She had been counting down the days and couldn't wait to see Miss Brittany. She made me put her hair in a bun that morning. :) Braylee enjoys dance too but doesn't have the "passion" that Brynna seems to have for it. She listened to every.single.word Miss Brittany said and told me all about ballet walking, using the barre, etc. when we got home.

Align Center
Friday night, Braylee raced a turkey at the Turkey Trot for the 1st time. She named her turkey "Alexis." At the end, she was all smiles and said, "I didn't win but I sure had fun!"
Today, Braylee brought home her 1st homework assignment. She couldn't wait to do it...and asked for more when she was finished! Braylee seems to really enjoy learning. Last night as she was reading to me in bed, she was getting frustrated with words like "fascinating" and "interesting" in her Fancy Nancy book. She whined, "I just want to be a good reader!" I assured her she is doing just fine with her reading, and she'll continue to learn new words all of the time...just like mommy and daddy still learn new words. The homework assignments are easy...mostly just reinforcing concepts from school and keeping the parents involved. Tonight, her assignment was to review the sight word "We," recite the days of the week, and practice writing her letter As correctly. I had to include these pictures as I know our family will get a kick out of them...totally their personalities. :)

Braylee is so into her assignment...and Brynna in her own world.

"My first homework, Mom!"

Starting to sing...a made up song about homework.
Really getting into it and Brynna still oblivious. ;)
Grand Finale.
Happy Little Girl!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Brycen loves to have homework too! haha! I hope it stays that way for them! That they continue to love to learn as much as they do right now!

    Your little ballerinas are soooo cute! Glad Miss Brynna enjoyed her first class so much! (Our friends are having a family halloween party and adults are supposed to dress up... I'm going to make myself a tutu and be a ballerina) :) hehe!

    You guys sure do have a full schedule this school year! Right now we have soccer twice a week (tues. for practice and sat. for games.)... B wants to start karate, but I told him to wait until soccer is over b/c karate is two nights a week and I'm not sure I want to be gone four nights out of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your energy keeps up this school year! You guys are super busy. The teacher in me is curious--does Braylee have homework every night? If so, how much? This is always something I struggle with. I send home little readers every week that they have to bring back, initialed that they have been read. Later in the year I usually start sending "homework" of some sort. Glad dance class is a hit! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a couple of Brittany's classes!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braylee is one smart cookie and has the motivation to keep learning. That is great!!! And in the pics. it looked like Brynna was concentrating really, really hard on something. haha. She was def. in her own zone. Enjoy your fall schedule....it sounds like fun!! I always wanted to be in gymnastics when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a turkey trot that actually involved turkeys. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete