Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Our weekend consisted mostly of cookouts. The weather was gorgeous for the holiday weekend!

Saturday, Braylee and I had a mother-daughter day in Evansville. She cracks me up. At school last week, they were discussing punctuation, specifically using a period at the end of a sentence. It was cute to see her writing sentences in her new journal on the way home instead of just random words. She did ask me if "nice" was spelled "nis." I told her it was a c instead and asked her about the long i. She said, "Oh, better add an "e" on the end!" :) 

While we were away, Brynna enjoyed celebrating her best friend's birthday! Brynna and Emma were due the same day but Emma is exactly one week older. Brynna had a blast and can't wait for Emma to come to her party in a couple of weeks.

Saturday evening, we went to Jessie and Dusty's for a cookout. Braylee was super excited when she found out her buddy Ava was going to be there!

Braylee & Ava

Brynna looks like she's fishing. :)

Sadly, Sunday we attended a funeral for Alex's cousin's husband. He was only 29 and left behind 3 little ones. It was definitely a reminder not to take a single day for granted. That afternoon, we spent quality family time at home and then headed over to Jenn and Brad's for a cookout. We played wiffle ball...so much fun watching all of us 30-somethings running around the bases! The kids got a kick out of watching us too!

Emma, Brynna, Abby, Lillie, & Braylee

Yesterday, we went over to Gramma and Pappy's (just beyond our backyard) for another cookout. The kids thought it was fun having a picnic on the back of the golf carts.

Ella, Braylee, Gabe, Brody, Trista, and Brynna
Picking a pumpkin from Gramma's little patch


This morning, I sent my little Kindergartner off for her 1st "School Picture Day." She looked pretty cute! :)

Quick peek...Aunt Mandi snapped a few pictures for us yesterday so I can get the girls' birthday invites ordered. She happened to catch these close-ups too. Aren't they amazing?! Don't mind Brynna's bruise on her forehead. ;) (I can't decide if I like the b&w or color picture of Braylee better. )

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend! The girls are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new pics. Im guessing a Mickey party! We love Minnie & Mickey too :) Wish we would have got to talk more. I was just telling Mandi that I was spent by that time, just counting off the moments til bedtime! ha But I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing about all those cookout's makes me want to grill tonight. haha. The girls pics. look great and Mandi does a great job capturing their cute little faces:) I usually pick b&w photos over colored but I think I like the colored photo a little more of Braylee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great long weekend :) i love cook outs! i didn't get jessie's invite until sunday :( bummer! i would of loved to have seen you!! i miss ya!

    i like the color one of braylee :)

    i had to laugh about her writing in her journal the different sentences b/c B was doing that same thing Sun. evening on the way to menards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bday pics. Tough decision. . .they are both cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I think it's safe to say that Braylee is one advanced Kindergartener!:) She already knows about silent e--so impressive!! She looked beautiful on her first day of school. I love that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both pics of Braylee, but I think I'm going with the colored one as my fav. The b&w is very good too though. I'm so sad we'll be missing another b-day party, but I'm hopeful that we'll make it there next year :-)

    ReplyDelete