Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Since School Started...

Braylee loves school. I knew she would since she's such a social little girl, but Brynna and I sure miss her while she's gone.

Except for a fun camping weekend, we haven't done anything too exciting...but here's a quick review of the last three weeks.

Gabe and Ella came to play...and I'll point out Braylee is "chugging" a pop, not something else. ;) My girls drink water 90% of the time so "pop" is super special.
The girls did some crafts.
Mamaw let the girls have part of their birthday present early so Braylee could wear her new shoes for PE class.
One day, Brynna and I took a golf cart ride up to the school to see the kids at recess.
Cousin Trista & Braylee- notice she's wearing her new shoes :)

The girls splashed around at Ava and Jake's birthday party.
Alex played in a softball tournament with his Swartzentruber cousins.
I've been working on their playroom. It needed a little something, so we planted a garden. ;) I still want to make the "gumball" tree fuller and add more flowers.
A special request from Miss Annabelle...a pink ballerina fairy.

This past weekend, we camped at Shakamak. It was a perfect camping weekend...cool enough at night for the fire but hot enough for the pool during the day! Friday evening started out very uneventful, until little Pierce fell and busted his head at the playground. :( Lillie and Karson stayed with us while they went to the ER.

Jenn, Abby, and Me (& Brynna)

The next morning, we took the kids on a long hike.
And then headed to the pool.
Alex enjoyed being a kid again for the weekend!
Braylee braved the big diving board...while Brynna posed and danced like Brynna does best! :)

It's super blurry, but this was too sweet not to share.
Brynna has decided to be a golfer by day and a ballerina by night.

On our way back to the pool on Sunday...
love little Brent's face peaking out behind Braylee!
We had the pool to ourselves! It was the best!
A quick little story about Brynna... Today, she wanted to help me clean. She thinks using the scrub brush is sooo fun. I told her she needed to let me pull her hair back first. She pulls open the drawer and starts to pick up a pink hair tie, then says, "Actually... I want a blue one." Before I can finish my thought that she might actually be considering opening her world to something other than pink, she says, "'Cause I don't want to get my pink ones dirty!" :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I always think you make camping look so much fun. When in reality. I think Id be ready to go home after smores. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Braylee's shoes! Are they Skechers? I have a couple Kdg girls who love to rock their sparkly skechers :) One of them is bffs with Braylee!:) I get to hear about her sometimes in class! Lol..we also love to camp. My parents camp at Pride's Creek and it is just so relaxing and the perfect time to enjoy each other's company and let the kids have fun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the pictures, since I missed that part!! and Lillie was talking about Braylee's shoes the other day.. haha... and Lillie may be offended by Brynnas blue comment.... haha.. so funny! and cute cute paiting on the girls wall... it's been too long.. i need to come see all your decor..

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the gumball tree! and their new shoes are SUPER cute!

    i cracked up laughing at brynna's story and had to even read it out loud to ryan!

    i did have a ton of updates the other day- i felt behind and i was belting them out like it was my job! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Brynna...you crack me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Mom bought the girls those shoes. We found them when I was home visiting & she just couldn't wait to find out their shoe size to buy them....but they were really expensive, so maybe Bray should be careful with them in PE ;-) Good Job, Miss Braylee! I'm so proud of you jumping off the big diving board. And wow, how cute Brynna is posing on the side of the pool! Wish we could have joined ya'll!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracee- Oh, I wouldn't let mom buy the shoes you guys saw...too expensive for me! :) She was able to get both of the girls these for less than one pair of the other brand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Braylee is sportin some really cute shoes!!!! I have never seen any like that before but love them! The tree in the girls room is so fun and adds so much more to the room. Great idea!! And Brynna's story....oh that girl is something else. haha. I bet there is not a day that goes bye that she doesn't have pink on;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to laugh whe I saw the picture of Alex going off the slide holding his nose! :)Just like his Dad!

    ReplyDelete