Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Sunday

On Easter Sunday, the girls found their baskets waiting for them. They loved all of their new goodies...backpacks, books, movies, nail polish, Minnie Mouse necklaces, and puzzles. Then they had a little egg hunt in the living room. After finding all of the eggs the Easter Bunny had hid, they asked Daddy to re-hide them so they could hunt again. On their next search, Braylee announced, "Wow, Daddy hides them a lot better that the Easter Bunny!" ;)
Brynna with her one of her best buddies, Emma, before Sunday School

Braylee's Sunday School class

Love this picture! My girls just love these girls sooo much!

For our adoption paperwork, I've had to send a couple of family photos in already but for our dossier, I needed a couple of specific ones... a horizontal, full length picture of Alex and I and also one with the girls. These may just work. What do you think?
We saw Braylee's preschool teacher the other day. When she asked Brynna if she was coming to preschool in the fall, Brynna said, "Well, I have to get my backpack first!" She was a pretty happy girl when she saw the Easter Bunny had brought the very one she wanted! When I asked her how he knew which one, she said, "I bet he asked Santa and he told him." :)

I may just have the greatest friends ever. All of my friends have been so excited for our adoption and tell us frequently they are praying for us. With the mix up with our paperwork last week and then another hiccup in trying to get the new documents this week, I guess my friends knew I could use a little encouragement. Friday when we came home, we found this awesome basket of goodies from Abbie with gardening supplies inside to help us pass the time during our long wait.
And then today, Mandy brought these pretty tulips to me at work.
I definitely appreciate their lovely gifts but it was the special messages they wrote in the cards that made me want to cry. I've said it lots of time on my blog, but I seriously do have the most precious friends and I thank God for them daily!!


So about this paperwork...my goal has always been to be DTC (dossier to China) by the end of April so we could be eligible for matching from the May list (that comes out at the end of the month). I was ok with the fact that we wouldn't be DTC until May 6th, then we had that situation last week, which meant it would be May 13th. Then yesterday, I found out more bad news and the government offices were closed today for election day so I couldn't contact anyone. Needless to say, I felt God telling me LOUD and CLEAR that our paperwork isn't meant to arrive in China before the May list! :) So we are PRAYING all goes well next week and we can be DTC by May 20th...which will be plenty of time before the June list comes out!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The girls looked cute in their matching dresses and I LOVE your necklace!!!! You forgot to post pictures from previous easter's though. lol. I just remember you doing that last year.

    I am way behind on blogs and just finish reading all your posts! You sure did have a lot. haha. I got to the one about your adoption hold backs....I know it is hard not to be frustrated! I know when I am so ready for something and beyond excited for that time and get a hold back it is a bummer! I catch myself doing that and then have to remind myself to slow down. We don't know what the future holds but I do know I have a feeling you guys will be blessed with a little girl sooner than later:) Take care Tera and I continue to pray you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the girls all gussied up in their Easter dresses! They are PRECIOUS!!!! Love the one on the stairs with their little hands crossed!

    Sounds like the Easter Bunny did well this year- Love Brynna's story about her backpack! I bet she is looking forward to starting school!

    I'm glad you are having peace with not having your paperwork in until a later date! Peace is good!

    What great friends to bring you some "while you wait" gifts-- just to let you know how much they care! Every girl needs a couple GREAT friends like that :)

    ReplyDelete