Saturday, November 26, 2011

Brielle's 1st Birthday (Sept. 29th)

It was very exciting to receive Brielle's match before her 1st birthday, especially since her birthday was just 2 days later! We were able to celebrate our referral and her birthday at the same time. It seemed so surreal! At the time, we couldn't post about it on the blog yet so here are pictures from September 29th. (The pics are horrible because that was when I was without a camera and had to use my phone.) Brynna picked out the cookie cake. We sang "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed some yummy Chinese food. I asked the lady at the Chinese restaurant how to pronounce Xin Meng. I told Alex we are really in for it when we go to China because I couldn't understand her broken English so there is no way I will understand people in China! ;) The girls wore their Big Sister shirts to school that day too. They say "jie jie" on them which is "big sister" in Chinese. You might notice Braylee's lunchable. ;) Silly kid. She likes Chinese but decided she wasn't in the mood that night...more for the rest of us!! And yes, Brynna is wearing a tutu. :)I seriously have some amazing friends! Mandy made Brielle a special cake that says "Happy Birthday" in Chinese...or at least that's what she told me and I believed her! :) Behind the cake is Brielle's 1st birthday gift! My friend Abby made it. It's so cute! I love the thought and time put into these gifts. I know these girls and so many of my other friends already love Brielle too. (I wish these pictures were better...the color is just not good, ugh.) One day she will know we were praying for her and celebrating her life on her special day!! So thankful for another September Sweetie in our lives!! Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I love the pics, so precious! Brielle will look back on them one day and see how much she was so missed...and wanted!! Did you know you can order a birthday cake from Ladybugs and love and have it sent to them at their SWI? You will even get pics of the celebration!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so sweet and heartfelt...and the gifts from Mandy and Abby are VERY precious! So excited, love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'm sitting here crying. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am sooo excited and anxious for your family. What a beautiful little blessing she is and will be to have a family like yours. What a happy Thanksgiving for sure. Such a beautiful blog post. SO sorry I haven't been checking in on your blog, I've sure missed A LOT! I miss you too and hope to be on the computer a little more. but man time sure does get away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that you guys could celebrate this day! P.S I have been meaning to tell you that Amy Haag, a friend of mine, has lived in China twice and she may be able to help you with some words. I told her about you, so maybe facebook her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love the cake and big sister shirts! Soon you'll be celebrating with your "3" September Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some sweet friends and some precious girls! How cool that Brielle's bday is in September too?! God has a sense of humor, doesn't he?! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that you did all this :) Brielle will love looking at these pictures when she is older!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Where did you get the shirts?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brielle will love to look back on these one day!! She is loved so much. You have beautiful girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brings tears to my eyes, LOVE it!! I got a few seconds for a break and went straight to your blog to catch up!! Hope to get some more time to read and catch up this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you are celebrating every milestone even if she isn't home yet. When she gets older she is going to be amazed! And such sweet gifts:)

    ReplyDelete