Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beginning of 2012 {& Locks of Love}

We've tried to take advantage of the spring-like weather. On the 7th, the girls had a big playdate with Lillie, Sydney, and Addie. They started the morning in their "spa" and then spent the afternoon "camping" in the backyard. I love their imaginations.
The girls sang "1 Corinthians 13" at church on the 8th. Brynna gave a big sigh in the middle of the song which was pretty cute.
That evening, we helped our niece Ella celebrate her 3rd birthday at a pink and purple princess party. We got her this little ballet purse with her name on it. Last week, my sister came down for me to take some maternity pictures. They turned out pretty decent for a free-amateur photographer. ;)
When we were done taking pictures, Brynna's big moment had arrived. She has been talking about cutting her hair for Locks of Love for quite awhile now. At times she and I would both get anxiety at the thought of cutting her beautiful hair and then there were days when we were both so ready. We finally just set the date and made the decision. She was so excited...but a little bummed that Aunt Trista brought a plain drape instead of the fancy "flip flop" one that Braylee got to use last year! ;) We measured her hair to make sure we had at least 10 inches...
And just like that...it was done.
Minus 11 inches and she's still as cute as ever. :) She was pretty proud of herself when we it took it to the post office.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Awww, love Brynna's new do, so cute! I donated my hair a few years ago along with my niece and it felt so good:) Glad you're keeping busy, hoping for good news for you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting on a picture of Brynna's new hair-do! Braylee told me about it ( I saw her at school last week) and she said "Just look on the Internet and you can see a picture of it:)" So cute:) Sending love to the Knepp family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh abbie, I thought I texted you a picture that day! Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks sooo cute! What a sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TERA... awesome job at the pics! Photographer in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! You have an amazing family! Your girls are lucky to have you as their mother!!!! I can't wait for your next September Sweetie to be in your arms!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete