Since we finalized our adoption yesterday, we had a completely free day. We decided not to make any plans and just see how the day went. (Sometimes those are the best days, aren't they?!) We woke up early --3am to be exact-- because Alex is an anxious new dad. :) He thought Brielle woke up so I got up to check on her but she was just squirming around and was still sleeping. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so I worked on editing some pictures.
When Miss Brielle did wake up, we didn't even realize it...sometime around 5am, I got out of bed just to peek at her cute-ness and there she was all wide eyed. I was afraid she would forget who we were but she was calm and smiley. We decided to try giving her a bottle again since we tried twice yesterday without success. (It is culturally normal to give formula until a later age here. Plus, it helps with bonding.) I made the bottle this morning pretty hot because we were told this is common. Sure enough, she gulped the hot thing down...but it made her all sweaty! :) You can see how happy she was first thing in the morning.
I gave her a bath. She did much better this morning. Then we went down to the breakfast buffet. It was starting to rain so we decided to stay in the hotel for awhile to stay dry and bond with Brielle. She is a busy little thing and silly! She said "ball" today and tries to count 1, 2, 3 when Alex helps her jump off the bed. She is so quick to pick up new things. We skyped with the girls and they were excited to see Brielle but Brielle was oblivious to the computer and wanted to get down and play!
| The girls and cousin Gabe. |
She started acting sleepy around 9:30 (We were told her regular wake up time is 6 and nap time is 10.) so I started to rock her...singing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children... What a precious song to sing to my little Asian daughter! She dosed right off and slept for almost 2 hours.
The weather had cleared off and we were hungry so we headed out on a walk. We went down to a large square called "August 1st Square." We picked up a few more things at Wal-mart. Brielle was scared of riding in the cart! She is kind-of cautious about things like her big sister Braylee. Then we went to Papa John's. I know- it's not Chinese but it's not completely American either. Remember how I said they love corn...I wasn't surprised to see a Chicken and Corn Pizza. :) We ordered Spin Rolls- very good with chicken, bacon, and veggies inside and a pizza. Brielle is such a little doll and sat so calmly the entire time! I pray this personality sticks!
Then she charmed everyone in the park. She loved the bubbles some teenage girls were making. One of them gave Brielle her bubbles. Some little boys wanted to play with her but we think Brielle was afraid they were going to take her bubble wand. ;)
When we got back, she was getting sleepy but it was too late for a nap so we tried to keep her awake until a better bedtime. We put her in her swimsuit and went down to the pool. Chinese children are used to being fully covered in clothing. Brielle doesn't really like being naked and she wasn't a fan of the swimsuit either. She was a bit hesitant to put her feet in but then she splashed and splashed...wouldn't lean in and touch the water with her hands though.
We made her some noodles and another bottle for dinner and then played in the room until bedtime. We have our gifts ready for meeting the foster family tomorrow and are praying the opportunity brings peace and closure for everyone and doesn't cause a setback for Brielle.
#1 Highlight of the Day- I picked Brielle up from the bed after changing her diaper after breakfast and she gave me her first unsolicited kiss. Alex happened to see it or I might not have believed it! She gave me 2 more on her own later in the day, including one at bedtime. She had her head on my shoulder when I was singing to her. She pulled back to look at me and then gave me a kiss. Love, Love, Love this little girl.
#2 Highlight of the Day- The PapaJohn waitresses (It's a sit down place here in China.) were loving Brielle too. When either of them would put their hands out to pick up Brielle, she would come running back to me instead. :)
Had to take a picture of Brielle playing with the red ribbon tonight. There is an ancient Chinese proverb that says an invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet. I don't really believe in Chinese proverbs but when I saw my little girl playing in the "red thread," I thought of this and how God connected our paths for her to be our daughter!
ok, everytime i read your updates i get all teary eyed.. just overjoyed for you and alex and it's so amazing to see the bond that you are forming:) it' like she's always been with you and it's absolutely precious! Can not wait to see her with Bray and Brynna..:) they are going to be the BEST big sisters! And i'd say Lillie is going to be pretty jealous!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that she has already formed such a bond with you (kisses and running back to you!). THat's so awesome! I'll be praying she doesn't have a setback when you meet with the foster family (but I'm so happy you'll get to ask questions and learn more about her from them!).
ReplyDeleteShe is a beautiful little girl and her personality is just shining already! I can't wait to see her with her big sisters!
love the picture of you holding her in the sling! She is just so adorable and I am so happy for your family! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat awesome highlights of the day!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! God is soooo Good! I love the pic of Alex and Brielle holding hands! I just bet Bray and Bryn are about to come out of their skin with excitment!!!! I am so overjoyed with the kisses! I bet you had tears! Have a great night! Hope all goes well tomorrow!
ReplyDeletePsalm 37:3-5
ReplyDeleteNew International Version (NIV)
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this.
Still rejoicing and PTL for your obedience to HIM and He has given you the desires of your hearts :-)
Thank you for sharing posts and allowing the blog world to blessed as well! We are continuing to pray and believe God will continue to give you, your desires as your journey home & life continues!
ps--Megan said "awww they've got her all "girled up" just like Braylee and Brynna" and I love the pictures seeing you with Brielle on your hip and that diaper bag full of goodies hanging from your shoulder it's the perfect fit on you :-)
Great up-date! Brielle has the cutest smile ever! She is a doll...and I think she & Hadlee are the same size :-) I hope they become the best of cousins possible! I love the picture of Alex walking hand & hand with her, that just melted my heart. You have probably already thought about this, but another blog that I read, mentioned how they had bought small gifts while they were in China to give to their daughter for each birthday from 2-18 years. And they bought several things to give her on her wedding day. Thought it was awesome that they thought that far ahead. You & Alex are "planners" so you probably already did this, but just a thought, if not. LOVE YA'LL!
ReplyDeleteLove the updates. She is so precious and the pictures are a great way for your journey to be told. It's amazing to see God work in your lives and Brielle's little heart. Will be praying for your day on Wednesday!!
ReplyDeleteI'm officially smitten with this little girl. Her smile just beams!
ReplyDeletePraying for your visit to the foster family. If you know specific times this will be taking place let Rose & I know...we love sacrificing sleep for you :)
Everything is going so well! Not that I am surprised, because you guys are wonderful and experienced parents, but I just am so happy that she is bonding with you guys and that you're having a great time and getting to experience Chinese culture. I had to giggle about the corn pizza! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteI am so in love with her Tera. She looks so well adjusted already and you and Alex look like you are beaming in each picture!
ReplyDeleteI am praying that all goes well with the visit with the foster family. What a blessing to learn more about her.
I must admit, your pictures have me laughing and crying. There really are no words to describe the emotion. And one last thing, we talked a little about Brielle yesterday in Kids for Christ and Braylee was BEAMING, she was so excited to be able to see Brielle sleeping in her crib :)
Love you guys and still praying!
What a sweet girl. She has an unique look with that lighter hair- just beautiful! Do you think her sweating is from her heart issue?- I know heart babies usually sweat when they eat- or maybe it's just her. I'm so glad she is bonding with you both so well- what a special time.
ReplyDeleteI am like Rose, I laugh, I cry, I am overjoyed for this little girl and of course her mommy, daddy and sisters too! We keep showing Eli pics of his "little girlfriend" ;) praying meeting the foster family goes well and is a special time for all involved. Love you all!
ReplyDeletePSweet baby! Love hearing the bonding is going so naturally! She fits perfectly into your family! No doubt. love the idea of a gift for each year of her birth from her birth country! And how neat to have a "something blue" for her wedding day also
ReplyDeletejust precious!! looks like she is adapting well and is quite happy :)
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful journey :)
I posted anonymously before- staceymp on SK from long ago :)
Stacey Pickett
Beautiful!!!! Enjoying your trip with you ;)
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteEva
What a little doll baby! Her smile lights up all of China. So happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteLove the red ribbon photo!
ReplyDeleteI love reading all about this.. LOVED the part about the kisses...
ReplyDeleteThats quite a "Stretch" for her to hold her daddy's hand while walking. Looks like her forehead is healing quickly, Lou told me Brielle wanted to put ointment on her daddy's head too. She is precious.
ReplyDeleteyou guys are the highlight of my morning....i do not like to be interrupted in any way when your on my screen (hate to say it but even my kids bother me when I am trying to read the updates)! I am just amazed at Gods handy work in each little detail so far... I agree with Susie... brielle in the sling and the diaper bag on your shoulder FITS YOU...you are looking good momma! And all the SWEET pics of her with Alex are killing me... those are the ones i cry with bc there is something special about a daddy and his girl.... (and alex gets three!) Love you guys bunches and we will be praying for your visit!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love!! She has stolen our hearts!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that all of you are together and bonding! Love the pictures! Brielle is such a doll! Is her hair brown? It looks so light in some of the pictures!
ReplyDeleteI'm like Mandi, I keep telling my own kids "wait a minute," just so I can read about your little sweetie!! Haha, I read this post to koen and showed him the pics and he thought she looked like she was having a "fun day!" I'm overjoyed for all of you and can't contain my happiness to see such a sweet girl in such loving care...God Bless!!!
ReplyDeletesobbing with joy! she is so beautiful and perfect! i'm loving all these happy moments you guys are sharing! and those kisses...so sweet! and quick as a whip, can't believe she is saying words already! what a dear!
ReplyDelete(and i love recognizing the hotel you are in!! brought back memories seeing that winnie the poo crib :)
We're all very excited for you. Alex looked very happy too as he led her down the sidewalk by the hand.
ReplyDeleteYour adoption is such a real-life example of God's adoption of us as sons and daughters. Can you imagine how He rejoices over us when we "kiss Him" unsolicited?!
Love you guys. Still praying with the church for you and the rest of your adventure.
Shawn Otto
Hey... I also wanted to tell you that I sing "Jesus loves me" and "Jesus loves all the little children" to liam every time he lays down! It is amazing to me how it calms him EVERY time!
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely precious and I can definitely tell the difference by her being with a foster family instead of the orphanage!! Keep the pics coming!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so calm &so happy because she knows she is permanently home! Love your pictures!
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely precious!! We have her pictures hanging outside our room and everyone hangs around during recess to look at her:) braylee has been doing very well so far! She always walks into the room with a big smile and updates me on her new little sister:) she's going to be great with her!! Praying for your family:)
ReplyDeleteBrittany Miller
The excitement is running high here in our home. We are just overwhelmed with joy!
ReplyDeleteThought you might like to know that our computer had your blog opened all day and we kept coming over and scrolling through the pictures. (For some reason Kaci loves the photo of her bed.)
I can not believe how beautifully she is adapting to all of these changes. I think you are in Fuzhou city even as i write this... i know it could be hard on all of you but immeasurably good in the end... You guys rock!
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry! How precious. My heart and prayers are with your family. I am so thankful the Lord let you leave when you did and get her!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your family. The new addition is adorable. We will continue to pray for all. I love the blog. Lou gave me the address today at work. It is wonderful. Congrats on your new addition and know that the staff at the hospital is thinking of all of you often.
ReplyDelete