Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rest of February

Nothing too exciting but I'm sure the grandparents are ready for more pictures. :)
February 14~ Brielle & I had a lunch date with a local momma who is in the process of adopting a little boy from China. She brought us this very sweet sign! I love it.

February 15~ Snow day fun.


Daddy took them out for sledding. Brielle lasted about 4 minutes.

Brielle figured out she can wink. ;)

The week of Feb 17th, we hosted a couple in our home who were here for the pastors conference at our church. Rob & Doris were so sweet! Our girls thought having them here was so fun! I told them we don't need to pay for another week at Disney. We'll just have them come visit once a year! :)

Braylee & Sydney wore matching outfits to Bible Memory Winter camp again!

The little sisters played dress up while the big girls were at camp. In this picture, Addie & Brielle were princesses and Brynna was their maid.

This little peanut thinks she is super big now that she can have a "pony in back like Braylee & Brynna do!" She is also obsessed with pigtails now.



Last night, Braylee & I went on a little date. She said she wanted to go shopping with just the two of us.  She picked out a couple of new outfits for spring and then we ate at Chili's. I even let her get dessert which she thought was super cool...and the fact that they didn't bring her drink in a "kid cup."  I told her they must have thought she was at least 12. ;)
She said, "Send a picture to daddy that says, "Show Brynna!"

Looking forward to sunshine and warmer temps in March...hopefully!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I watched your gotcha day video on YouTube and It made me want to come here and see what the Sept. Sweeties were up to :).. I was wondering, I never see you post about whether or not Brielle escaped her 18 months in an orphanage, unscathed? Of course, she is a beautiful little girl and she looks darling in all the photos etc. but did she really endure everything that they go through in China and come Home without the behaviors that allow them to survive not only the abandoned by their bio parents, not to mention the severe deprivation that being an orphan in China entails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaynie- Thank you for asking about our precious daughter. Brielle was very fortunate in that she lived the entire first 18mo of her life with a foster grandma whom she called nainai. She was cared for one on one and was very very loved before she came to us. She is extremely bright, sassy, and full of energy. While we went to China expecting delays, we have found none. I am sure there will be questions that she struggles with as she grows up but I assure you that what you see on the blog is all true. We are in the process of adopting another little girl with more serious medical issues who has lived in an orphanage for the majority of her short life. We are prepared to help her through the trials and challenges she may face. We can't wait to love on her!

    ReplyDelete