Friday, May 2, 2014

China 2014 - Days 1 & 2 {Beijing}

We left for the airport a little after 7am on Thursday morning.  Despite two potty breaks on the quick 2-hour trip, we still arrived in time to pray together as a family and give lots of hugs and kisses to our girls.  They were sad to tell us good-bye, but it helped that they were excited about being out of school and getting to eat lunch with Gramma & Pappy on the way home.
It's hard saying good-bye to my babies!  Brielle was getting last minute snuggles in. :)




Ready for take off. Only 6,561 miles to go...


About half way there!

As we arrived in Beijing, Alex and I both agreed it felt different this time. We had traveled to the other side of the world and last time, we felt it. This time, everything was familiar. As we climbed on the tram at the airport and everyone squeezed in with no regard to personal space, I knew we were definitely in China again. :)  We grabbed all of our luggage and took a taxi to our hotel. We cleaned up and headed down to "Snack Street" on Wangfujing street.  It's similar to a street festival and they serve some unique items. The picture says a lot, but you really need to watch the video.



I found myself watching the little kids again... they have such funny outfits and hair styles. They are all so cute!



The chaos of Snack Street

As tempting as Snack Street may be, we decided to play it safe and eat at McDonald's...two meals for under $6 total. With Taylor Swift blaring in the background, we didn't feel so far from home. :)

I don't know what flavors the ice cream cones were at McDonalds, but I bet the girls would have wanted one!

Tomorrow, we are touring Beijing and then taking the overnight train to Nanchang! Not sure I will be able to blog tomorrow, but hopefully will on Sunday morning.

Girls- we love you and miss you bunches! Enjoy your weekend at Mamaw & Papaw's house! (((hugs)))

6 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safely! I'm looking forward to your post about the overnight train! Eat some yummy seahorses-on-sticks for me! Haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking forward to a blog post. ;) SOOO excited that you made it to Beijing and LOVED seeing the picture of the little girl--I loved seeing all the Chinese children (and their cute hair styles) when we were there too. ENJOY every minute of China. It won't be long before you have Beilyn! We are praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In two days you will be able to hold your little girl!!! The excitement is killing me:) Enjoy your time exploring and having one on one time with Beilyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you made it there safely! Bringing back all the memories! So so excited for you guys! What no red bean pies. The icecream cones look kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys! Brings back so many beautiful memories. Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete