We arrived home from our trip out west on 7/10. Those first days home, the girls were trying to catch up on sleep, finish up their 4-H projects (that turned into a bit of a nightmare!), and prepare for a big surprise for Gramma & Pappy!
 |
| July 11th ~ Taking it easy on our first day home again. |
 |
| July 12th ~ 1st time in the jumper |
 |
| Beilyn participated in a Child Development activity for Brynna's 4-H project. |
 |
| Sorting by shapes & colors |
 |
| It must have been exhausting work. 😁 You never know when this girl might fall asleep! |
 |
July 15th ~ The little girls helped Braylee with one of her Child Development activities.
She created the ring toss game completely by herself. |
 |
| So excited when she scored! Love that her sisters cheered for her too! |
That night, we surprised Gramma & Pappy with a 40th Anniversary "Dinner & Show." We knew we wanted to do something extra special for them, and what is more special than time with their grandbabies?! So the kids served them a fancy meal and then did a skit in honor of their 40+ years together, from their first meeting to the birth of their babies to the spoiling of their grandbabies! ♥
 |
| Cutest waiters they've ever had serving them! |
 |
| Happy Anniversary! |
 |
| I can't say it was a "quiet" candlelight dinner but I don't think they minded all of the company. |
 |
| Brynna as Gramma, Ella as a waitress, and Gabe as Pappy |
 |
| Braylee's sign says "10 minutes later" as an exaggeration of Pappy's long prayers. 😅 |
We laughed and laughed throughout their skit and for days to come! We are so thankful for Alex's parents and hope to celebrate many more anniversaries with them!
 |
| July 16th ~ Quick visit at Mamaw & Papaw's house |
 |
July 17th ~ We gathered all of the "Class of 2034" babies at church together!
Harry, Kate, Cora, Reese, Bria, Hank, Lawson, Liam, Dawson, Boone, and Isla |
 |
Non-local people often think I am joking about how common our last name is here.
Six of the 11 are Knepps. :) |
That evening, we went to the fair to see how the girls did on their projects. While it was a stressful day getting the projects turned in, the hard work paid off with all blues, Champion, and Reserve Champion ribbons.
 |
You can tell the girls traveled together this summer as their photos are almost identical!
(Braylee's on white and Sydney's on black) |
 |
| July 18th ~ We got to meet Sadie! Our new friend home from China. She & Beilyn are the same age! |
My Granny turned 80 on July 18th and we had a big celebration for her the following weekend! I spent a lot of time at my Granny & Pa's house when I was little. She taught me the art of making peanut butter fudge and apple pies and how to sprinkle PDQ on my ice cream. I almost chopped her thumb off once when we were making a craft. She didn't even scold me for it, though I know it must have hurt terribly. Lots of fun memories from our days spent there. 💖
 |
| My Granny & her twin sister |
 |
| Uncle Tom, Uncle Tim, Granny, Pa, Aunt Susan, and my dad |
 |
Granny with me and my girls
A few days later, my Granny told me she thought I looked tired at her party. I assured her that while I am sleep-deprived, it was because I forgot to put mascara on that day! 😄 |
 |
| This one is blurry but I still love it. |
The last week of July, my big girls went to Bible Memory Camp. It was a hot week but they had a blast during team games, Sword Drills, and Bible time.
 |
| While the big girls were at camp, we celebrated cousin Liam's birthday at the local pool. |
 |
| A text at 10pm from my sister when Brielle was spending the night there. :) |
 |
| Tracee & Mattinglee at M's 2nd birthday party! |
 |
| Bria & my Grammy |
 |
| Tracee, Grammy, me, and Heather |
 |
| Giggles for Papaw |
 |
| Happy 2nd Birthday to Emmett & Mattinglee! |
We topped off the month of July with a day spent on the lake. It was Bria's first time on Pappy's boat!
What an amazing summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment