Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Start of a New Year {January Recap}

2017 is off to a great start!
We visited Alex's grandma on New Year's day and I snuck a quick picture.
Not a great way to start out any New Year's diet plans...we went to Dairy Queen on Jan 1. ha!
(I like how Alex's office is seen out the window.)
Typical Beilyn...running non-stop and then crashes in the middle of whatever she was doing.
January 4th~ 13 months!
Jan. 7th~ Evidently, Beilyn's pony needed glasses to read the fine print in her Bible. 
Improvising- when you want to wear cute heels but you have a big cast on your foot.
Big Big News! Beilyn attempted to copy her name! First and only time she has done it, but she did an amazing job! (If you ask her, she has no idea how to spell her name but has recently realized it starts with a B! I haven't gotten her to attempt this again. She's so hyper and lacks interest, but it's exciting to see she is capable!)
She left out the e but I'm so impressed with her 1st try!
Jan. 8th~ My Grammy moved to an apartment at the beginning of the month so we had to check things out!
Jan. 9th~ I told Beilyn the noodles must be too spicy because Bria didn't like them. She said, "Not too spicy for this China girl!" 
She loves her noodles. She'll say, "Me yike noodles cuz I China!"
Jan. 10th~ "Cooking" with dry rice helps meet some of her sensory needs. She makes a mess but at least it's an easy one to clean up!
I said, "Beilyn! What's on your face?!" She happily yelled "may-up!" :)
Jan. 14th~ The BR vs Loogootee game is always fun!
Earlier in the day, my big girls went to a nail salon with Aunt Trista. A Girls Day Out with her with their Christmas gift! They had an absolute blast!
Braylee with some of her band friends.
Jan. 18th~ I walked into Braylee's room and the view on her bed stopped me in my tracks... Phone, laptop, textbooks, headphones, current novel (She flies through them!), and backpack all scattered on her bed while she was at church. I feel like she went from a spastic 1st grader to a mature Middle schooler overnight. 
Jan. 20th~ We were busy playing when daddy came home with a surprise for the girls!

New golf clubs! Brynna had outgrown her old set and Brielle was so pumped to get a "lefty" set! They immediately went to the basement to practice. 
Jan. 21st~ Playdate with her friend Aleena
Jan. 22nd~ Unseasonably warm weather allowed the girls a chance to go out and try their new clubs.
Jan. 23rd~ 100 days of school complete!
An apple a day... Bria is trying hard to stay healthy, or claim them all for herself.
Jan. 24th~ Braces are gone! (For now. She'll need more work when she's older.)
Those eyes! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment