Friday, July 28, 2017

Bible Memory Camp {July 23-July 27}

We made it home on Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours, long enough to do a couple loads of laundry, before it was time to head out again!

Alex and I used to serve at Bible Memory camp each summer, me as the nurse and him as the 6th grade boys counselor.  The last year we served was 2006, the summer I was pregnant with Brynna. We hadn't been able to go again--until now. I love how God worked it out...

Since my sitter was going to be gone the end of July, I had decided to take off the last week of July "to spend some extra time with my girls." Then I realized that was Bible Memory camp week! I was bummed that my big girls would be gone all week but knew it would be a special time spent with my little girls. Then a few weeks before camp, the nurse who had taken my spot all those years ago asked me if I knew of anyone who could serve as nurse that week. Immediately, I thought, "I'm free that week!" I texted the director to let him know I could help...and just like that, I DID get to spend that last week of July with my girls, all 5 of them! ♥
Alex set up Dora and stayed Sunday night with us but then he went home to work.
Helping Mommy get the campers checked in.
Ready for their 1st week of Bible Memory Camp!
The guy on the far left was the Bible teacher for the week. He has done missionary work in China so Beilyn affectionately called him "China boy" all week! 
They loved swimming by themselves while the campers were having rest time.
The stroller served lots of purposes- it carried my nursing supplies, allowed for naps on the go, time-out chair 😉, snack station, etc.
Acting out their team names
Blue team, Red team, and Purple team
Reciting memory verses
Banquet Night
Braylee's cabin mates
Brynna's cabin
6th Grade girls! Last year of elementary camp.
Sword Drill!
She slept all the way home!
Out for lunch on our last Friday at home before school started

No comments:

Post a Comment