Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 {Difference of a Decade}

2019 was good to us!

2009 ~ 2019

Things have changed just a bit. 😉 I would be lying if I said I didn't think sometimes about how much easier (and quieter!) my life would be if we still just had 2 kids! This time 10 years ago, we were building our home, praying for baby #3, and living the "American Dream." 

-- But God. --  

He showed us that the American Dream makes much of us when our purpose on this earth is to make much of Him! He saw our sin & weaknesses-- our impatience, selfishness, greediness, and desire to be comfortable and flipped our dreams upside down! He pushed us out of our comfort zone. Even though He had placed adoption on our hearts many years before, it was in 2010 that we stepped out in faith to adopt. We officially started the process just days after Brielle was born 7,000 miles away (though we had no idea!). 🥰 Adoption is definitely what defined the decade for us! God used it to grow our family, give us friends all over the US, immerse our hearts in new cultures, open our eyes more to those who are hurting, love more unconditionally, and most importantly, He used it to change our hearts to be more obedient to His will. This past decade has grown us in so many ways! I feel like the 20-teens are going to be hard to beat, and yet I know He still has a long way to go with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment