Sunday, the aftermath of Ike came through. We were without power for about 10 hours. Not really a big deal compared to what others have dealt with. It was actually a little bit fun (since it didn't last long). We spent the early evening picking up limbs and sticks all over the yard. Then, Alex got us Chinese take-out and we had a picnic in the family room floor. Without TV, the girls kept us entertained by taking turns singing their favorite songs...which really consisted of Brynna singing Jesus Loves Me each time and Braylee singing her own made-up songs.
After working 5 days in a row (I had picked up shifts at Quick Care on Sat. & Sun.), I was thankful for the day off yesterday. We went to Wal-Mart so Braylee could pick out toys for her birthday buddies. Elle's party is on Friday night, and Sydney's is on Sunday. With the girls' party on Saturday, I have a feeling we will be exhausted...and a few pounds heavier thanks to the cakes...by Sunday night. I let Braylee pick out the girls' gifts all by herself so I hope her friends like them.
Today, our little friend Emma came over to play. She and Brynna helped me make pancakes this morning. I have a feeling these two will be best buddies growing up. They are both little peanuts.
They played dress up too. You can't tell in the picture, but Brynna has on piggy slippers and Emma has on high heels. :)
Elle is having a Hannah Montana party on Friday. Braylee was practicing her rockstar-ness in this picture.

I'm not even sure what day this was from...but I remember it seemed to be taking Braylee a while to get quiet in her room for nap time. I went to check on her and this is what I found:

Did you have anything 4T left over from the sale...I was unable to drive to Jasper because I live in Bloomfield. mcrobvan@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteGlad the yard sale was a success!! The pics of Brynna and her bud are so cute... it will be fun if they do grow up to be great friends!
ReplyDeleteBrynna has some of the cutest little friends!!
ReplyDeletecute pictures! glad the yard sale was a success :) i find out in a little less than four wks what we're having!!
ReplyDeleteHappy early Bday lil ones! :) Hope their parties fun! Glad the turn out was good for your yard sale, I knew you'd have great stuff. That always goes quick.
ReplyDelete