Friday evening and Saturday were the worst for me as far as swelling goes. My right side has been worse, and the swelling was so bad, I actually had difficulty seeing out of my right eye. Sunday evening, my parents came for a visit because I felt like I was up to it...but it was probably too much. My mouth has been killing me (well, not really, but it's been hurting really bad) since then. Jamie brought us dinner Sunday evening, and I went against my "non-chew foods only" order because it smelled sooo good...this probably has something to do with my current pain situation. ;) Today, I had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon. He's pleased with the progress...said more swelling will come down over the next week but to expect some swelling for at least another month. I still can't blow my nose yet...which is part of the pain since the sinuses are so full of blood. I had hoped to return to work on Thursday, but it's just not going to happen. Alex said he does think I look a little "deflated" today compared to yesterday. I'm taking that as a compliment and sign of improvement. ;) I know I've bragged on Alex before, but he really is such a wonderful help. (T.W. and M.O. that's for you guys...go tease him now.) He's been doing all of the housework and taking care of the girls and me. With the way the market as been, his work has been crazy so I'm sure this was some unneeded stress for him, but he hasn't complained once.
I will make the bold statement and say Brynna is potty-trained (not at night of course) now. I'm always afraid it will come back to bite me, but she's doing great. I'd have to ask Alex to be sure, but I think she has only had one accident since Friday. She's been wearing panties all of the time except in bed. Also, she climbed out of her crib for the first time yesterday. It's not on the lowest setting yet, so I figured we'd just lower it more. But Alex thinks she's ready for the toddler bed...I'm sure she's ready, but I'm not! :) I like knowing that she's confined until I get her out in the mornings. She knows how to work the backdoor/lock and I'm afraid she'd go outside while I'm sleeping! But, I do realize we moved Braylee to a twin bed at 22 months and she did great, so maybe it's time. I just like having Brynna as my baby.
The girls are excited about carving their pumpkins and trick-or-treating this week, so hopefully, I'll be feeling up to all of it. Again, thanks for all of your prayers, calls, flowers, and meals. We appreciate you all so much!
I remember how "traumatic" it was for me to move my Baby Nick into his toddler bed...I just pictured him wandering all over the house at 3am but he never did! You guys just need to have another little one to fill that bed :) Hope you feel better soon...
ReplyDeletei like the "deflated" comment :) it made me smile!
ReplyDeleteHope you continue to feel better this week, I've been thinking and praying for you. Let me know if you need anything, I can always help out Thursday night at dance.
ReplyDeleteHey Tera! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You are in my prayers! Braylee and Brynna are absolutely GORGEOUS! Get better girl!
ReplyDeleteHey...I'm not sure what deflated means, but I thought you looked much better on Sunday. Looked pretty rough on Friday (is that the day I scared you?). Hope the dinner didn't slow progress! I'm glad you finally had it done and can move on now...no more horrible anticipation...stay home this week...don't overdo yourself.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about all the swelling, but it will all be worth it in the end. I totally understand how you feel about moving Brynna out of the crib. We are going through the same thing right now with Courtlyn. I want to move her out, but at the same time I don't want to for the exact same reasons you said...she's my baby!! Anyway, hope you continue to heal and recover. Take it easy. I will keep you in my prayers. How is your Gramps doing?
ReplyDeleteTera,
ReplyDeletemy right side was worse too?? go figure..and I remember that sinuses too..and actually I didn't sneeze for two weeks..and I sneeze like a million times when I wake up in the mornings! Q-tips are a good thing when you can't blow..maybe TMI..just on the inside front part of your nose. Hows the key and the expander going?? Do you feel alot of numbness too? Remember what amazing the before and after pics will be..:-)
You poor thing--I hope you're feeling better today. You're lucky to have such a great husband to take care of you! Cam just recently climbed in AND out of his crib...on the lowest setting. I'm so sad that we need to get out the toddler bed. What happened to our tiny babies????
ReplyDelete