Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gingerbread House

Yesterday, I let the girls put together and decorate a gingerbread house. About 5 minutes into the project, I remembered why I had decided to skip the holiday craft last year. It's messy and not all that easy! ;) But of course, the girls loved it, or in Brynna's case...loved the icing! Braylee liked adding all of the last details.

The first picture is Brynna with Bear in her belly! :) I'm sure this is a result of spending extra time lately with Aunt Mandi and her growing baby belly. She looked so sweet when she came to tell me she had a baby in her belly!
Here's a picture from 2006. Baby Brynna was only 2 months old then, and Braylee was the same age as Brynna is now. They just grow up too fast!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning! We bought the kit and were going to work on this week. I thought the kids would have fun too but I guess if it is messy that is ALWAYS fun for them! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so ironic...My mom always does a gingerbread house with my kids at christmas. Darla always tries to make cmas cookies. Just 2 traditions they both wanted to b a part of:) Think I got lucky! We're gonna put Jacob in the mix this yr...we'll c how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute gingerbread house- the girls looked like they were having fun! i love the young pic of braylee, they grow up way too fast! b and i make cookies all the time- i'm not sure if i'm brave enough to do the gingerbread house. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tysen and Avaree loved doing gingerbread houses last year, and they have both already asked if they can do it agin this year. So fyi..... you have many more years of gingerbread fun ahead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute gingerbread house and 2 cute little girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, and the girls definitely look like they had fun! I've never done these, but am thinking about doing them w/my kids at school...am I brave enough? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a brave mommy! What a great idea, though. I wanted to let Lena do something fun like this ...

    For some reason, I always think of your girls when I imagine my two a couple of years from now ... they are so precious together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 30th B-day Alex.Was great to see all of you last weekend. Hope you have anawesome day. Love you.
    Uncle Jay/Aunt Donna(Jean)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The GB house looks great! I got one once for the kids, and it wasn't all that fun... perhaps I'll try again! You are a zany one with all the Christmas trees... I can't imagine having enough energy-- let alone IDEAS-- to decorate that many! You go! :)

    ReplyDelete