Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

We celebrated New Year's Eve at our house. There are a few couples we have celebrated New Year's with pretty much as long as we have all been dating. It's fun to look back at pictures and see how much things have changed over the last 11 years!! We are so thankful for these forever friends, and we know our little ones will enjoy growing up together too. A few of us decided we might want to try an "adult only" party next year though...it's hard to enjoy our games or conversation with all of the kid noise in the background. I know we played several rounds of our game with at least one of the mommies being MIA at some point. Regardless of the chaos, we filled our bellies with yummy snacks and chatted the evening away. I couldn't believe how quickly midnight rolled around!
Belated Birthday cake for Daddy

The Big Girls...

and the little girls. :)

Braylee had a sleepover at Sydney's the night before New Year's. Tim and Krista were filling us in on some of their conversations. They are like two 14 year olds in little 4 year old bodies. They are the best of buddies and seem to always be planning their next sleepover or play date.

4 comments:

  1. Lazy days at home are the BEST!! good luck on your home-building too - I hear it can be a little stressful but you're such a planner that I bet it will go smoother than most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see some poker playing going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way. I didn't realize you had typed anything on your post because it doesn't show up on my computer on the purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynsey- I don't know what happened with the purple background, but it's fixed now! :)

    ReplyDelete