Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Birthday Fun

Saturday evening, Alex invited some of our friends over for a little get-together in honor of my birthday. It was perfect...low key, no real plans...mac & cheese and chocolate chip cookies! Alex had a special cake made too. It was wonderful to sit around and chat with my friends while the kids played and the men watched the NCAA games. Braylee decided I needed candles on my cake, but no sooner had I lit them and she blew them out for me! Abby O. reminded me to make a wish...Oh, to feel like a kid again for just a second! ;)
Today, we went to my Granny & Pa's house after church for an early Easter dinner and to celebrate the March birthdays. The girls received special cookies and cotton candy for Easter from Granny and Pa. I can definitely tell I'm 30...I was so excited about the new mixing bowls and pasta spoon I got from Granny and Pa for my bday! Brynna loved the rough-housing going on today. She had so much fun playing with the older kids. Brynna was also in the mood to perform this afternoon as she sang her ABCs to a little dance for Mamaw and Papaw.
Jaidyn, Brynna (shooting Uncle Travis), Sara, and Samarah

Brynna loved wrestling with Uncle Travis.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday full of lots of love, laughter & food--the perfect combination! I love the video of Brynna! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish we could have come to your party! Looks like you guys had fun...a duplicate of new yrs eve??? Where did your mom get that necklace...so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Lot's of fun with friends and family. Always the best. Where did your mom get that necklace? It is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your easter decor on your table! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, those cookies look yummy! Can I have one?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi girls- My mom bought the necklace at a shop in Linton called "Main Street Gifts." She's a bit addicted to the store and shops there frequently. ;) She made one for herself too that is bigger to accommodate more stones inside. We saw similar necklaces at a shop in little Nashville too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Btw, I'm loving your haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sis...
    We enjoyed our evening at your place. Hope you had a good one!
    Love ya- mams

    ReplyDelete