We are finally digging! :) That's right, we have a hole! I was so excited when Abby sent me a video about 9 this morning proving they had officially started working on our lot. The girls couldn't wait to go see it for themselves. We went to Jamie's, loaded the kids in the golf cart, and headed over to our lot!
Alex and I bought this lot back in 1999 or 2000, I can't even remember. Our goal was to be moved in before Braylee started school and so far so good. We love our lot. It's close to town, church, school, and tons of our friends. In fact, there are 3 other kids in our subdivision who will be in Braylee's class and one in Brynna's that I know of. Our property is catty-corner from my inlaws and the girls can't wait to run "over the creek and through the woods" to Gramma's house! ;) And the seventeenth hole of the golf course will be right out our back door.We snapped a few pictures of the kids playing on the dirt. It wasn't too long ago that we were taking pictures of Braylee & Ava playing on dirt mounds in Jamie's yard. :) It was HOT, so we didn't stay long.
Straight ahead in this picture is my inlaws house, behind the trees.

Braylee is standing about where the garage will be.

Last week, Braylee asked me "What is under the world? You know, what is under us? Just dirt?" We went into a 10 minute discussion about how the earth is round and if you dug all the way through, you'd end up on the other side...the earth is a giant sphere...but you can't really dig all the way through...the center is hot...volcanoes spew lava...like volcanoes in Hawaii...God is amazing...we will never understand how He created everything because we will never be as smart as God... Then after all of that, she asks, "So, when they do our basement, it will just be dirt?" Guess I should have asked her why she wanted to know about the dirt? ;)
Wednesday, Krista and I took our big girls to Holiday World. We didn't even have time to take pictures. ;) The big finale of the day? ZINGA! Climbing up the stairs, Braylee was extremely apprehensive about going on it. It had been a long time since I'd been on it, but I tried to prepare her for what was going to happen. It's a bit terrifying to say the least, but what really got her was the gush of water that came over her head once we were in the funnel. I felt bad that I had talked her into doing it, but on the way home, she said, "I'm glad I went on that big slide. It made me feel a little bit brave...like I was 7!" :)

The rest of the week was pretty low-key. One day, I found the girls all dressed up. They are big fans of Fancy Nancy books. I overheard "Ooo La La" and "That looks precious!" a couple of times. ;)


Alex was gone over the weekend to St. Louis with a bunch of guys. Saturday, we went over to Mandy's for a girls night with her, Emily, and Krista and her girls. Of course both of the girls were in my bed Saturday night and fighting over who got to sleep by mama. ;) Then yesterday after church, we went up to my parents' house. We swam with my brother and Ely, ate dinner with Mamaw, Papaw, & Aunt Trista, and helped my mom up at Grammy's house. I was lazy with the camera though and have no pictures to share.



YAY!!!!!! SO happy for you guys :) It's so exciting to break ground!! Let us know if you need anything...advice, and ear to listen LOL We know it can be stressful, but so worth it!
ReplyDeletebroken ground! how exciting! we're doing corn at my in-laws tonight so i will get to see your hole of dirt :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! I am so, so, SO excited for y'all! I know how exciting & stressful this all can be, but like it has been said before it will be SO worth it in the end! Try & enjoy it all--even the not so fun times. :) Can't wait to see the progression of how it all comes along!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your text made me smile yesterday! :)
I looked at the Kelly's Kids site tonight and things are a little more expensive than what i had told you.. but not horrible for christmas or one time purchase!
ReplyDeleteSUPER EXCITING!!! How cool that Alex proposed to you right near your future home!! Love the pictures! Way to go Braylee riding the Zinga that was really brave!! Can't wait to see more pics of your house in progress!! Praying everything will go smoothly!
ReplyDeleteYou are not over the top. You are passionate. When I went through it with Ayla I didn't fight it. I guess I was scared. This time around I was determined to fight it. Though my little one does get formula and will eventually go on it. I want to nurse her as long as I can when it works. Its tough. But, thank you for your advice. Im drinking more and trying fenugreek. We shall see. Thanks again for your advice. :) I really do appreciate it and admire you for your passion toward your children! Its awesome. PS> congrats on breaking ground. maybe dirt will come your way soon?
ReplyDelete