Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Christmas Eve, we went up to my mom and dad's to celebrate. My parents decided to switch up our gift-giving tradition this year and we drew names. I will admit when I first heard about this, I wasn't a big fan...I do not do well with change. ;) It worked out wonderfully though and saved my mom a lot of stress. Brynna has only asked consistently for two things for Christmas...a real pony and a suitcase. She didn't get a REAL pony, but she was still delighted with the little gray pony she found in her stocking. She was even more delighted when she opened her PINK suitcase from Aunt Tracee! After gifts, we ate and played games. Then I went to Candlelight Service with my Grammy. Growing up, we always went to Candlelight at my Grammy and Gramps' church on Christmas Eve. I hadn't been since Braylee was a baby. It was the first time I'd been back in that church since Gramps' funeral. I sat in "his spot." A man sang O Holy Night during communion and I couldn't hold back the tears...partly because I miss my Gramps but mostly because I envisioned my Gramps spending Christmas in heaven with Jesus.

Egnew Grandkids- Elyas, Emilee, Braylee, & Brynna

Loving her new pony
Travis, Heather, Emilee, Ely, Braylee, Brynna, me, Alex, Tracee (& twins), Nick, & Trista
Brynna drew Tracee's name.
Braylee had Papaw's name.
I love the huge rug my mom got me!My dad gave my mom a bunch of homemade candles.
She was pleasantly surprised to find cash stashed in them too!

My siblings and I- Tera (30), Trista (23), Travis (32), and Tracee (29)
Getting ready for bed on Christmas Eve

Since we are in the rental house right now, we decided it would be fun to let the girls spend the night at Mamaw & Papaw's and wake up there on Christmas morning. The girls loved the princess dolls they found in their stockings and danced around the living room with them. They were anxious to open their gifts but were patient little girls and let us go watch Emilee and Ely open their gifts first. On our way home from their house, Alex and I were surprised when Brynna said the entire Pledge of Allegiance by herself!! (She picked it up on her own from hearing Braylee say it I guess.) We just looked at each other and laughed!

Christmas Morning

Once back at Mamaw & Papaw's, the girls emptied their stockings first. Then they opened gifts from us...including new bedding for their room. We always have them open their big gift from Santa last. This year, Santa brought a dollhouse! :) They love it!!

Dancing with Belle & Cinderella.
The princesses also had notes attached to them telling the
girls they can't wait to see them at Disney World soon. ;)

Decor for their new room

This is the last picture I have from Christmas. It was in the afternoon before we went to the Swartzentruber gathering. Brynna is having Belle recite the Pledge of Allegiance (notice her holding her hand across her chest). ;) I took a video of her little voice too, but alas...it's gone. :(


I'll update on the rest of our Christmas festivities once I get some pictures from family.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. so cute!! glad you guys had a good christmas!

    p.s. i don't do change well either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the girls had a great Christmas! I was snickering when you said Brynna said the pledge on Christmas morning! hah! Meredith got the same doll house for Christmas too and really likes it- although I am sure your girls enjoy it more right now than she does since her attention lasts about 30seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tera, I hate that you lost your pictures, but I'll tell you that when I "thought" I had lost mine I really truly realized how important it was that I still had my family with me and I could hug and kiss them NOW! I know memories and pictures are great, but I myself definately learned that lesson from my mishap... Looks like you had a WONDERFUL Christmas.. can't wait till we can see each other more..:)and things slow down..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, I know what you mean! I thought the same thing. I'm sad to have lost the pictures but I'm happy to have had the moments!!

    ReplyDelete