1) Brynna was sad over having to miss the bowling party on New Year's Eve so we took them a few days later. Both of the girls like bowling, but Brynna really gets into it.



2) The girls and I took Gramma out to eat for her birthday. (Alex stayed home since he didn't want to spend the day shopping.) Gramma & Pappy had gotten the girls Build A Bear gift cards for a special outing with Gramma for Christmas, so it was a perfect day to use them! The girls both picked out pink unicorns. Braylee named hers Lindsey and dressed her in a purple dress. Brynna named hers Cupcake and dressed her in a pink dress. No surprises on their wardrobe choices. ;) I found Braylee a new coat too. She had gotten grease (I have no clue how) on her old one.




3) They played out in the snow.
4) The youth at church sponsored a Parents' Night Out. We went out to eat with a group of friends and then went back to Jenn & Brad's house for desserts and games. We are so blessed with wonderful friends!


5) Abby and her kids went with us to see the new Chipmunks movie. They loved it!
6) Braylee went to the dentist to have a chipped tooth repaired. Alex and I tried to prepare Braylee for the procedure because we know she is an anxious child. I held her hand and I think she did amazingly well considering she had two shots and a piece of plastic over her mouth while they worked. I had already promised her she could use some of her Christmas money to buy a FurReal baby afterward. She has wanted one for months. She knew she wanted a panda, so I was thankful they still had one. She is very attached to it already.
7) We made flowers out of tissue paper.

8) The girls and I went shopping Saturday to use our gymbucks. Brynna modeled her new swimsuit.

9) We made a countdown chart for our trip to Florida. The girls eagerly put on a new sticker each morning.
10) Lots of things have been going on at the new house...paint on the walls, trim and flooring being installed, lights up, etc. This time next week, all of the tile should be done and cabinets installed. Then it will be time for countertops, sinks, toilets, final coat of paint, etc. Not too much longer until we can move in! Just a few sneak peaks for you...
Brynna Annabelle fell in love with this fan. Since it literally had her name on it, we had to get it! It's already hanging in their room.

I have a feeling Braylee would have been reading months ago if I would have realized how interested she was. She continues to read new books every day. She's not very fast because she sounds out a lot of words as she goes. On Tuesday, I bought a Beginning Reader workbook at Wal-Mart. The first page was about the word "all." I asked her if she could use it in a sentence. She said, "All have sinned." It just about melted my heart. These are the moments when I'm feeling led to homeschool. I love to watch her learn new things, and it's wonderful to have opportunities to talk to her about her walk with Jesus while she's learning. I can't imagine giving up my job though, so thankfully we have a fabulous public school here.


love love love all the pics of the girls!!
ReplyDeletebrynna's swimsuit is too cute (as is she) and so is miss braylee's red coat!
brycen is wanting to read so bad, but gets so mad when he doesn't get a word right... think we need to work on that (getting mad b/c we don't know something!)... it seems to happen a lot! he loves the game boggle (the kids one). i got it at a yard sale for like .50 and had forgotten about it. we recently got it out and i cover up the letters and make him sound out the word to see if he can spell it right. it is so fun to watch him get so excited over it!
okay,now that i've written you a book (b/c i miss you and haven't seen you in MONTHS!) i'll be quiet :)
what an awesome post! i got that swimsuit for ay this year too :) so cute. you are such a good mama and always surprise me with how much time you put into things with your kids even though you work! i think that is soooo amazing
ReplyDeleteI love Braylee's new coat...she is one stylish girl:) And Brynna's swimsuit is adorable. Just think she will be able to be sporting that for a whole week in Florida...FUN!! Oh I can't wait to see pictures from your trip;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the little preview on the house. I love the green and tan colors you picked out. I can't believe you have that much done ALREADY!!! I guess I didn't realize you where that far along. Woo Hoo!!
That is great Braylee is starting to read. It is a big milestone and that is so good that you are working so much with her:)
Love to hear about your girlies!! So impressed that Braylee is reading already :) The house is coming along so nicely!!
ReplyDeleteYou have my vote to consider homeschool more in the coming months! It's such a great way to teach your children about God right along with math and science. So rewarding!
ReplyDeleteMiss Ava has the same pink, frilly, sparkly unicorn!! She loves all things pink and shiny!
ReplyDelete