Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Monster Truck?!

It's been awhile since I updated. The twins are slowly progressing. They both made it off oxygen/cpap but have had to be put back on due to working too hard to breathe on their own. I haven't talked to Tracee today, so not sure how they are doing. I think yesterday, Hadlee was on cpap but Kooper wasn't. They did pass their eye test on Tuesday so that was a huge blessing (Preemies often have eye problems.) and were moved to open cribs since they are maintaining their temperatures now. They had chest x-rays done earlier in the week. They showed the lungs are still premature but no other complications. Braylee was only in NICU for 8 days and it seemed like forever, so I can't imagine how exhausted Tracee and Nick are by this point. Also, one of Tracee's friends had her twin daughters the same day as Tracee's twins. They have been a huge support for each other during this time. Her friend's babies weren't as premature but have had some issues that may require surgery. :( You can also read a few updates on Tracee's blog as she's been trying to get it caught up...Dixon Doubles.

Anyway...for us, we've enjoyed watching these final stages in the home building process! It's very exciting to see it all come together. We're hoping to move in next weekend. They plan to have everything done inside by the end of this week, but we still need to hang blinds, clean, etc. While building the house has definitely been overwhelming at times, it hasn't been nearly as bad as some people had told us. I heard Alex tell our builder that it wasn't the "nightmare" he had been warned about.

Last Monday, the girls and I felt confined to the house. Not only had it snowed a ton, but Alex took my vehicle to work since it's 4wd. (That's my workaholic husband for you...it had snowed a lot and the bank was even closed due to President's Day, but he still went to work! ;)) Jamie called and invited us down for lunch though. It was an adventure just trekking through the yard! We played some Wii too before heading home for Brynna to take a nap. Braylee stayed behind and played in the snow with Ava and Jake. When Alex got home, he took the girls sledding for the 1st time! Braylee LOVED it! Brynna...not so much. She isn't a big fan of the snow.

Ava, Braylee, and Jake

One happy little girl and her daddy!
When I was gone to SC, Braylee drew this picture. She told me all about it. It's a picture of us at our new house, which she pointed out is obvious because she made 3 garage doors. She drew Brynna peeking out their bedroom window upstairs...looks a little like ET. ;) I'm looking out the window at Braylee jumping on the trampoline (bottom right). She showed me the flower garden she drew for me and then the cutest thing...she drew her dad in a MONSTER TRUCK?! ;) I was cracking up because anyone who knows him well, knows he is not a monster-truck-kind-of person. ha! She said she drew the truck so daddy could drive through the snow, but she must have forgotten this point when she added the butterflies and flowers! I love seeing the girls' drawings, but I love how they describe them even more.

One more picture to share because it's just too cute. She always says she wants to be a cowgirl ballerina!

7 comments:

  1. wow I can't believe you are that close to getting in! how fun! good luck moving in and gettin settled. soon enough you'll be looing out the window watching braylee jumping while brynna watches daddy pull up in his "monster truck" i mean car. see they want spring too! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. she makes a awful cute cowboy ballerina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute cowgirl ballerina! :) braylee's drawing is adorable! glad to hear the twins are slowly, but surely improving! do they have a timeline on how much longer they will have to stay? open beds is good progress i'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Braylee's pic of your new house and Alex in the monster truck! HA!!! Of course, Miss Brynna is the cutest cowgirl ballerina I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Braylee's drawing..she's quite the little artist and seems like she has good problem solving skills and wanting to make life easier for her daddy with the monster truck! Too sweet. I'm sure you are all Thrilled with moving into your new home, maybe you'll be all settled by your bday! I'm also praying for the sweet new baby twins. May God pour out his grace and mercy over them and their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Brynna has to be the cutest cowboy ballerina!!! What a combo. haha. I can't believe you are about to move into your house!! I know the move won't be that fun but have fun decorating and getting settled in:) Maybe it will be a little warmer next week-end too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the picture of Miss Brynna in her cowgirl boots & her ballerina skirt! It is such her precious personality--love it!!!

    ReplyDelete