Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mr. Right



Wow, I can't believe it's been 8 years since I said "I Do" to my Mr. Right! :) I've known for 12 years how special Alex is and how he was my perfect match. I had to laugh though when I watched an Oprah episode a few months ago. They were discussing dating and making a list of all the "musts" someone is looking for in a spouse. One guest read her list of requirements for Mr. Right. The therapist said her list was too strict and no one existed like her list. Oprah laughed and said something like, "Yes, there is someone like that...Jesus!" ;) Basically, she was saying this girl was not looking for Mr. Right but "Mr. Perfect." So why did I laugh?! In my eyes, Alex met each requirement on the girl's list! I'm one lucky girl.
Saturday night, Bridgette babysat while we went down to French Lick. We walked around West Baden and French Lick Resorts and then ate at 1875 restaurant. Every year, we seem to run into brides/weddings on our anniversary...weddings on beaches, brides standing in the middle of Michigan Ave in Chicago or by Niagara Falls, etc. This year was no different. Our view from the restaurant included an outdoor wedding. :) Very sweet. After dinner, we had planned to go to the casino...but I forgot my ID. So we decided we would go to a movie instead but arrived there just a few minutes too late. We stopped to get ice cream at Dairy Queen on the way home and Alex said, "Knowing our luck tonight, they are probably out of ice cream!" :) So the evening didn't go as planned, but I still had fun spending it with my baby!

Here's the link to a montage I put together a couple of years ago.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. happy late anniversary :) sounds like a fun date, even if it didn't go as planned! i watched that oprah episode too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary - you guys are such a great couple! What a great picture of you too at the end - you look soooooo beautiful! Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. A very happy anniversary to you! Sounds like you had a fun day with your man. Its so nice to get to do things like that. Love the wedding pic SO sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! You two are so sweet! You have BEAUTIFUL children also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! You two are very special people and a wonderful couple! :)

    ReplyDelete