Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Swonder Ice

Miss Brynna has been begging for over a month to go ice skating...I'm sure partly because my little ballerina sees it as another form of dancing. :) Yesterday, we wandered down to Swonder Ice rink with Abby, Lillie, and Karson. We had the best time! The kids surprised us with how well they did!
I warned my girls that it's harder than it looks, and the goal would not be to be doing fancy turns but just to stay on their feet! :) Miss Brynna had no fear at the beginning. She took off and had already made a lap around the rink before Braylee had made it a 1/4 of the way. Braylee and Lillie stayed in one spot in the beginning, getting the idea of how it works and laughing at their silliness. After awhile though, the older girls really got the hang of it and were all over the place! They were loving it. As time went on, Miss Brynna had taken too many falls on her behind and was complaining that her little booty hurt. ;) Amazingly, Abby and I never fell, even with little arms tugging on us. I'm guessing God knew we wouldn't recover as quickly as the little ones!


Not so sure about this...

Trying to pose while maintaining her balance!
She's figured it out now!

It was a fun adventure spent with sweet company!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun - and made some wonderful memories with the girls:) Love the pictures and just happy to see you so happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute!! Hunter LOVES that skating rink, and begs me every year to go! I didn't think I could do it, but it was pretty similar to roller skaing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! i have been wanting to take B!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Brynna...I bet her booty was sore! I was laughing at the pic. of Braylee almost doing the splits! You can get some pretty funny pics. on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to ice skate. Wish we had a place around here to do so. Great memories with your girls and girl, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete