Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year = New Do

On New Year's Day, we helped a little sweetie celebrate her birthday. Our niece Ella turned 2! She won't be the baby of the family much longer since we will be welcoming her new sibling and our little girl this year (hopefully!). We will quickly go from 4 grandkids to 6! :)
On January 3rd, we made a visit to Aunt Trista's shop to get new hair styles! Braylee had been begging for a few months to get her hair cut. A few weeks before Christmas, I cut about 3 inches off, hoping it would suffice...It didn't. So we asked Aunt Trista to officially cut it. Once it was done, Braylee kept flipping her hair around and looking at herself in the mirror. When Trista asked her if her teacher would recognize her the next day, Braylee replied, "I don't know?!" :)
(Sadly, since I had already cut a few inches off and I didn't want it to be TOO short, we didn't have enough to save it for Locks of Love. This made Braylee sad, but she knows we can try again another time.)

And here's a quick glimpse of what Aunt Trista did to my hair...made me a brunette! I love it! Sometimes I see my sister Tracee in the mirror when I'm getting ready though...didn't realize how much we resembled each other before! :) Also- our home study social worker told me I better make it blonde again before we go to China so that I match my passport! I'm excited about going to China... but I definitely want them to let me in AND let me leave! :)

One of Braylee's snow days fell on a day I had to work. The girls had a blast playing at Gramma's house in the snow. I love getting to see what my girls were up to while I was at work.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. i love you as a brunette!! i feel fortunate to be able to switch back and forth from blonde to brunette pretty easily and think i can pull off both looks fairly well! you look GREAT as both! it's always fun to change it up!

    braylee looks so much older! but oh so cute as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your hairdos!! And miss Ella was adorable at her party. I can't wait to see pics of both new babies of the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair darker. We ran into you twice that Saturday of dance make-up then at Pueb. I stuck my head around the booth to tell you how much I liked it and you were on the phone. So here is my official, I LVE IT :) Anyways, I can't wait to hear more about your lil babe(soon-to-be) do you know details, will you be able to name her?, if so will it match your B's? So curious. Maybe we need to sit down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH, I love your hair girls =) Cannot wait to hear more about baby and your adventures!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new hair styles! very cute on both of you :) I'm also curious as to if you have thought about names?!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trista had told me she had darkened your hair, but she didn't mention cutting off Bray's. I'm so sad, she had such pretty long curls :-( I hope she grows it back out & does Locks of Love next time she does cut it! Miss ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw look at the two beauties. You look great as a brunette, but you look great with any color. Fun change!!! I can't believe you're getting so close to China. One day closer!! Praying!

    ReplyDelete