Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Brynna's First Recital (and lots of other stuff)

Friday night, the girls had rehearsal for their dance recital. (It's the fundraiser one, not the "official" recital.) We had to leave early so we could go see Bridgette at Grand March!! Braylee had to change into something purple so she could match Bridgette. :) Bridgette is Alex's cousin and had just turned 4 when I met her all those years ago. She was such a little cutie and we bonded instantly. It has been so fun watching her mature into this beautiful young lady. We just love her to pieces!!


The girls were so excited to see her. Doesn't she look gorgeous?!

Saturday morning was dreary and chilly, but it wasn't raining! This meant Braylee could finally play softball! They actually did ok considering it has been too wet to practice.
Sunday, the girls helped Daddy make breakfast. They gave me several cute cards and pictures they made, including a painting Braylee did at school that I want to frame for their play room. I am so, so thankful for my girls. I prayed for our other little girl too, somewhere on the other side of the world...waiting for her mommy to come get her.

Every day, I talk to my girls about Jesus and how He wants us to live...and every day, they teach me how to live a little more like Jesus.


After lunch, the girls put on their fancy outfits and got ready for the recital! Brynna LOVED it!
Braylee with some of her friends, waiting backstage.

Monday, Brynna went with me to the Secretary of State's office to (finally!) finish sealing all of our dossier documents. She was typical, sweet Brynna. She never complained during the 4 hour trip. She was quiet in the office while we waited. She brought her friend "Catherine" along. Can you see Catherine in the pictures? :) Evidently, the situation I ran into at the Sec. of State's office 2 weeks ago isn't unusual, as there was another couple in front of me Monday who were faced with the same problem. :(
I was relieved to have another step of our process done. On Tuesday morning, our complete dossier was delivered to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago for authentication! This should take about a week. Then I will make multiple copies of everything and deliver them to our agency. Once they have thoroughly reviewed all of the documents and pictures, they will send our dossier to China! They only send them out on Fridays, so it looks like we will be DTC either May 20th or 27th.


Braylee & Lillie at their spring program last night

Remember in my last post, I said how thankful I am for my wonderful friends?! Well...look what my dear friend Krista gave me on Mother's Day! It says "Mama" in Chinese! It was so sweet of her! I wore it proudly the rest of the day. :)

This is a little random... When I was little, I was told I looked like my great-grandma Mae. She was my Gramps' mom. Most everyone I know tells me that Braylee looks just like me... well, I think the genes stem from my great-grandma Mae. What do you think?! :) I can't believe how much this looks like my Braylee.
Two years ago today, my Gramps went to heaven. I read a book on Saturday that gives me renewed hope that not only will I see my Gramps in heaven, but I will recognize him and know him!! Thank you, Jesus!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love the update =) You have such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that isn't a doctored up picture of Braylee?? It is an amazing resemblance!!!

    ps Bridge loves you & your girls to pieces too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating one more step in your adoption with you! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowza that pic of g-gma mae was so similar to braylee it was eery.. it was nice chatting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have about 10 million things to type about this post!
    first of all- how sweet braylee wanted to wear purple like bridgette (who did look gorgeous btw).

    second of all- you and your girls on md's- PRECIOUS. love the white dresses!

    third of all- yayyy on another step completed on the adoption front. and i LOVE the shirt krista got you!

    i could keep writing, but it might become a novel! hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting your paperwork to Chicago. Won't it feel awesome to submit the dossier and know that part is done with!!

    Your girls are adorable. And I love your "momma" shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your new t-shirt! Thats too cool. What book did you read? I think I need to read it. I miss Gramps so very much it is still hard to control my emotions everytime I think of him.
    Thank picture of Great-grandma Mae is scary! I saw it last summer when I was home & my heart skipped a beat when I realized it wasn't you or Braylee! It is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are you in that MAMA shirt? I love it!!!
    ~Robyn
    www.dimsumanddoughnuts.com

    ReplyDelete