Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lots of Family Time

With Tracee and the twins visiting (Nick had to stay home and work.), my parents had a big get together at their house on Monday evening (April 18th) so everyone could visit with them in one place.

This outfit was one of the gifts I gave Tracee in the hospital when the twins were born. It's a 3-6 mo. size and Hadlee is finally able to wear it! She was just waking from her nap...
The weather was actually pretty nice that evening. The kids had a blast playing outside.

Braylee, Brynna, Luke, and Elyas
Me, my sister-in-law Heather, and my Grammy
Mamaw, Hadlee, me, and my youngest sis Trista
The girls LOVE playing dress up with all of the oodles of fun stuff Mamaw has. Here is Braylee with one of my old recital leotards and some new accessories.

That Wednesday, our I800A approval (called I797) came in the mail but I had to work the next day and the Sec. of State's office was closed the following day for Good Friday. So I was very excited to take our paperwork up to Indy on Monday...which turned out to be a bit of bummer. But I forgot to share in my other post that while it was frustrating, Mandy and I still shared a few laughs. We laughed about the parking meters since we were little kids the last time we actually had to use one, we laughed because Mandy thinks the elderly woman behind the desk thought the two of us were the ones adopting, and we laughed about my bluntness with the Vital Statistics lady. (I had asked her if it would actually take 10-15 days to process or do they just tell people that so people don't call and complain. I needed to know if it was worth it to pay for the documents to be expedited!) I'm so thankful to have friends like Mandy who keep me laughing during this long wait for baby #3.

Anyway... Good Friday, Braylee was out of school and I was off work, so we spent the day visiting with my family again. My mom's sister was getting married on Saturday, so lots of family from out of town was at Grammy's house. (My Aunt Beth is the one who lost her husband to cancer a couple of years ago.) It was an exciting time preparing for the wedding and visiting with family we hadn't seen in months.

Braylee, Luke, and Taryn-- the 6 yr old cousins

I know...it was sort-of a "What were we thinking?!" kind of moment!
Hadlee's very first egg went in the orange cup. Kooper's is in the green one.

Saturday arrived and while it continued to rain off and on all day, the showers stopped long enough for my Aunt Beth and and my new Uncle Cody to be married in my Grammy and Gramps' backyard. It was a simple, yet beautiful ceremony. I'm so happy for them.
My mom and sisters with our kiddos
Trista, Brynna, Mamaw, Hadlee, Tracee, Kooper, Braylee and me
We have always celebrated Easter at my Grammy's house growing up and come rain or shine, we had an egg hunt in the backyard. This year was no different. We did make the kiddies take their shoes off though before splashing through the muddy yard.
Sweet Owen Kooper

Miss Hadlee and Aunt Trista


It was such a fun-filled day, and we still had more partying to do! Gabe turned 4! I can hardly believe it! I'm always excited to see all of the cool decorations and food Mandi makes.
The holiday weekend was definitely busy, but I wouldn't have had it any other way! I LOVE getting to spend time with our families!
Up next is Easter Sunday!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the girls' dresses! too cute!

    i cracked up at mandy saying that lady thought you were the two adopting a baby together! bahaha!

    glad you had a fun weekend with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - all the pictures are so great! It looks like you guys had such a wonderful, blessed Easter:) The twins are really growing up and it's so sweet to see all the cousins together!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete