Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What Century Club?!

Day 99 and we have our LOA!! Thank you, Jesus!!

The phone rings.
I glance at the computer and see it's 10:44am. (I know the agency usually calls around 11 for the big news.)
I look at the phone and see "Unknown" on the caller ID.
I take a deep breath and answer.
Nicole: Tera?
Me: Yes...still holding my breath.
Nicole: This is Nicole with AAC.
Me: Uh-huh. (Trying not to get my hopes up and scared we may need more paperwork.)
Nicole: How long have you been waiting on your LOA?
Me: (Starting to tear up). We're on day 99.
Nicole: Well, you won't have to see 100 because your LOA arrived today!

I think I said Thank You! and something about being in disbelief. Then I said, "You will mail it today and we will get it tomorrow, right?!"

I think days like this must be the best part of Nicole's job! :) She definitely made my day! I did a little dance and yelled to the girls at work, "We finally have our approval and get to go to China!" Then I called Alex, sent out a mass text to my besties and family and then emailed my adoption friends. Thanks for all of the excitement and congrats!!

We should expect to travel in about 3 months. Hoping to hold my baby in time for Mother's Day. More info to come soon.

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! I am crying my eyes out for you. You must be so relieved!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I was just saying to Brittany/Kristi on facebook that we're going to have to get together soon because I know you'll be traveling in the springtime and when you get back you're going to want to spend all of your time with sweet Brielle!
    We are really happy for your family's good news. You've been waiting for a long time!
    xoxo, B/P/T+1

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you!!!! Glad you didn't have to see that 100 day mark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Brittany told me today at play group that you got the news!! I am SO happy for you and praying that you get to hold her by mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abby passed on this info to me at preschool pickup. Totally reared up! So happy for u! What a wonderful mothers day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The prayings are working....YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Tera! That's amazing so happy for you I've been keeping up with your blog just waiting to see your good news!

    _kira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!!! So happy for you. Can't wait to see how things start moving again so you can go get that sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy for you!! TEARS!!! the days can't go fast enough now! YOU can actually count down until Brielle is in your arms!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the BEST feeling ever!!! So happy for you! It all goes sooo fast now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah!!!! I'm so, so excited for you! We are on day 43 of our wait, so it'll be awhile before Nicole is calling us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! This is such a huge step! You will be sitting at Lucy's sipping ice tea before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you! Now to fill out that dreaded I-800 form. I was worried I would forget something both times I filled it out! I must have checked it a million times before I sent it off in the mail!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO HAPPY for your family!!! What a wonderful blessing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy for you!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PTL! can't wait to see you w/ baby brielle on your hip :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting. I was sitting here wondering if you had heard anything yet, and behold you have good news. Hoping for safe travels in the very near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rejoicing with you! God is good! Can't say it enough!! How exciting! I bet your little girls are super excited too!! Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS!! I was wondering about you and happy to find you have LOA! Start packing, girl. Can't wait to follow your journey!!How exciting!

    ReplyDelete