Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going to Fuzhou

Ni Hao to all of you back at home! I am sorry this is late and I am really sorry it's going to be short. Since Brielle napped twice in the car today, she stayed up later. And it's hard to blog when there is a cute little person to play with!! :)

I was trying to get a post together but there is just so much to share and so many pictures to upload. So, let me give you a little peek into our day and then I will try to post lots more tomorrow morning (Wed night at home).

Smiling at breakfast- yep they serve corn at breakfast too. :)

Meeting her foster "grandma"


A color baby photo!

Standing in the same spot as the first picture we saw of her!

Standing near her finding spot

First time coloring

I am so thankful for all of the support and encouragement we receive here on the blog and on FB, but let me tell you... Alex and I are far from perfect parents and I'm guessing Brielle isn't perfect either (Although I may beg to differ!), but ALL of what you see here is ONLY because of HIM!!

God chose this path for us and we were obedient to the calling...it only took 9 years...but we are here now! Alex and I pray that our experience is opening others' hearts for adoption. God calls us to care for the orphans and if you are feeling that tug on your heart, please pray about what it means. Perhaps He is asking you to pray for the 147 million orphans in the world, or to help someone who wants to adopt but can't financially, or perhaps...just maybe He is calling you to bring a special child into your own family. Loving Brielle reminds us just how much God loves us! The Bible says He LAVISHES His love on us, that we should be called Children of God! Just as we adopted Brielle into our forever family, God has chosen us to be HIS children! So thankful for my adoption into His family and praising Him for the work He is doing through Brielle's story!

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. So very true Tera we are all far from perfect! It is only through HIM! So glad things went well yesterday! Get a good nights rest! Love you guys all so much! Brielle is such a doll! Love the Panda outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Tera Leann!
    My heart is jumping for joy right now that you got to meet her foster parents, have a baby photo of her, and visited the place where she was left!!!! Are you serious???? God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She gets cuter every day! How is that possible? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tera, she is just soooo precious! It's such an emotional journey and I'm sure the day was felt with a lot of heavy heart. I LOVE that she kissed you!!! Ben did not know what kissing was. It took him a long time to kiss us...he started slowly by kissing our hands! Awwww....

    He recently told us, "I no get kisses in Shyna....only hugs". It's obvious Brielle was greatly loved and that must bring you and Alex so much comfort. She is an absolute doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read another up-date! I recognize her pink & gray pj's too :-) So cute on her. Braylee & Brynna were great last night & so excited about their new jump ropes. Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so beautiful and she just shines! It's all about Him...thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks beautiful and you all look so happy together! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brielle is so cute! She gets more adorable in each picture you post!! We have a picture of Piper standing in the same spot with her foster mother! I am so glad your trip is going so well! Praying for a safe trip to Guangzhou in a few days!!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is....AMEN!!! Oh...and she is a cutie and smiling more each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tera, Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey to Brielle. I'm so glad that everything is going well and will continue to pray for you all as you bring this little blessing home. ~Sara L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! I love all the pictures and
    LOVE Brielle's smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have learned so much from you and this journey! It just melts my heart!!!! Brielle's smile can lighten a room up in no time:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The picture with foster grandmother speaks volumes of love. That she came to the swi. The way she so easily holds her and the way Brielle's fingers touch her lapel... Your girl has been and will continue to be very lived!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Brielle is adorable and seems to fit into your family just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sooooo happy to see her smiling and IN your arms. AHHH what an answered prayer and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post!! We are all far from perfect. How true that God chose us to be his children!! Thanks for allowing us to be part of your journey through your post and pictures and your openness of what really matters!!

    ReplyDelete