Saturday, June 23, 2012

At the Orphanage

When I sent a care package to Xinmeng back in January, we included a disposable camera. Sometimes families get lucky and see a huge glimpse into their child's life and other times the families get the cameras back without ever having a photo taken on it. We had heard lots of stories of the camera being used all in the same day...and ours was one of them.  We had hoped to see pictures of the foster family's home and individuals but instead, the camera was used at the orphanage. Based on the scab over her right eye, our guess is the photos were taken within a day or two of her meeting us. We were sad that none of the pictures included the face of her foster grandma, her home, or from when Brielle was younger...and yet, it is also comforting to see photos of our child in a familiar place.  They used the entire camera but I'll just share a few...
Holding the little kitty we sent.

I see a little glimpse of the girl I know in this one.

Proof that she wore split pants. :)



This one makes me sad. I am so thankful she was in foster care.


Good-bye, orphanage! I'm going to live with my mama and baba!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...those photos also make me sad - but to think about how much her life has changed is such a blessing from God!!! That is one lucky little girl - she is now cherished more then she can ever imagine! Happily ever after for Brielle and her sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has changed so much already! These pictures about made me teary. I always love seeing pictures of your littlest sweetie and reading your updates.

    We are on Day 74 of the LOA wait . . . it seems sooo long, as i know you remember. ;) We have to wait to send a care package until we receive our LOA--did you send yours privately or did you send it through somebody like Ann at Red Thread? Just curious. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this definitely tugged at my heart....Praising God she has such a wonderful family now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got similar pictures of Alyssa. What a difference a family makes!

    ReplyDelete