Monday, September 30, 2019

Xiaoyun's 17th Birthday!

When we decided to host an exchange student, we were sent a few profiles of students by the Forte exchange program. Forte's director specifically suggested that Xiaoyun would be a good fit for our family. When I saw her September birthday, I knew she was the one too. 🙂

Xiaoyun is 17 today! 

After school, we had pizza (one of Xiaoyun's favorites) and cookie cake. When we took the [video] tour of her apartment in Shanghai a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a stuffed pikachu on her bed.  She mentioned that she wished she could have brought it with her...which gave us a perfect idea for her birthday gift!
BellaMei 😆
October 1st is China's National Day (like our 4th of July).  This was the 70th Anniversary of the People's Republic of China. With the time change, she was excited to spend 12 hours of her 17th birthday with her country's 70th! 🇨🇳 Her mom sent us a video of the light show celebration in Shanghai too!

Xiaoyun has fit right in! She's so sweet and brave, always willing to try new things. We love her! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment