Sunday, June 26, 2022

Camping, BellaMei's accident, & Father's Day

Sandwiched between two sweltering hot weeks was the perfect summer weekend! BellaMei had a run in with a picnic table that scared me to death; otherwise, it was a great camping weekend at O'Bannon Woods.

Giving Tim a Birthday hug!
Strawberry Shortcake to celebrate Tim's birthday
Nachos over the fire!
Such a relaxing evening...until a snake slithered right through our group of chairs! 😳
Saturday morning, the girls painted rocks.
I got snuggles from this beauty.
The calm before the storm... The bikes were parked right along the edge of the blacktop in front of the camper.  A little while later, BellaMei pulled her bike too close to the edge of the blacktop. The front tire rolled off and she went flying down the hill behind the camper, right into the picnic table. We saw it happening and couldn't stop it. I ran and grabbed my baby as fast as I could!
When I picked her up, I saw the dent in the top of her forehead first and prayed it wouldn't split open. Then I saw her eye. 🥺  The bike collided with the bench and her head dove into the top of the picnic table, hitting her eye first and then knocking her sideways where her forehead hit too. Still makes my heart stop just thinking about it! 
She let me hold ice to it and calmed down with her blanket.
I was afraid we might have to take her to the ER, but the ice really helped the swelling & I was able to glue the eye laceration.
Rewarded with a ring pop for being so brave while mommy glued it.
Since BellaMei was doing ok, we decided to go ahead to the pool.
This little sweet pea handled the "don't get your head wet" better than I expected.
A special visitor showed up in the camp. 
S'mores after dinner
You can see where the blacktop drops off and BellaMei rolled down into the picnic table.
She looked much better than I expected on Sunday morning!

For Father's Day, we made Alex a short video with pictures and video clips of him with the girls on our recent RV trip.  🥰🥰


BellaMei's eye and forehead are healing up so well! I'm so thankful!
2 days post-accident
3 days post-accident
4 days post-accident
8 days post-accident!

1 comment: