Tuesday, August 11, 2009

3 Months

Gramps and Brynna - March 2008

It's been 3 months without our Gramps. We sure are missing him. I decided to post about him this morning before I even realized today was the 11th. I woke up this morning to Brynna singing her heart out. When I went in to see what she was up to, she told me she was singing about Gramps. :)

I was reminded of him frequently this past weekend while we were camping. We spent many summer nights by Grammy and Gramps' campfire growing up. We always ate the iced animal crackers in the pink bag when we went camping. When the girls were eating them this weekend, just the smell from the bag reminded me of Gramps.

Both of the girls have asked lots of questions about dying and heaven since Gramps died. Thankfully, their young faith in Jesus doesn't make them fearful of it. I have noticed them playing "sick in the hospital" and similar plot lines this summer. Sometimes, it's pretty funny though... Last week, Brynna had 3 little puppies lined up in the front seat of her Barbie car. She said, "This is the Daddy puppy. This is the big sister puppy. And this is the baby puppy." I asked her where the mommy puppy was. She said, "She died." I said, "What happened to her?" She said, "She got dead." :) It's hard not to laugh when they are so cute.

5 comments:

  1. Aw. Sweet Innocense. :) Glad you had a good time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some sweet (smelling!) memories of your Gramps this week. The missing them never goes away but how lucky to have such great memories to get through the tough days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anniversary's are rough. What a coincidence, my brother's 11 year anniversary of his wreck was yesterday (although he didn't pass away for another 28 days).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been missing my Papaw too... I knew I would miss him, but I didn't realize how much I guess.

    Brycen also talks about the dying and sick thing a lot too... I think it's good for them though, because it's a reality we can't shield them from.

    and I agree the cute things like Brynna said are just too funny not to laugh at :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will let you know. As far as I know we were just going to haul it to our (my inlaws) farm. No real need, just a place to put it I will talk to Jeff. Email me your cell number and if they don't need it there we'll move it over to your lot!

    ReplyDelete