Sunday, October 11, 2009

Highs and Lows

This weekend was fun...and not so fun. Friday evening, the girls and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart before going home and bought some pumpkin cookies to bake. Yum! The girls were disappointed when they found out Mamaw & Papaw were on their way to South Carolina to visit Aunt Tracee & Uncle Nick, but things were better when they found out they were having a sleepover at Gramma & Pappy's the next night. We enjoyed a warm meal and snuggled in front of the TV while it rained...a great way to spend a fall evening.Unfortunately, I was woken during the night by Brynna...who had a GI bug. :( She's always been a "puke-y" kid, so she tolerates it pretty well. There has been a bug going around daycare that seemed to only be lasting a few hours. I was hoping this would be the case with Brynna... We were excited about going to St. Louis with our friends since they had gotten free tickets for the play-off game. Brynna was doing ok at the time, so we left the girls with Gramma & Pappy. We had a great time at the game even though the Cardinals lost. Brynna ended up vomiting a couple of more times at Gramma's... which meant the girls and I had to stay home from church this morning and small group this evening. :( This afternoon, Braylee was super excited to go golfing with her daddy and pappy. She LOVES golfing with them. I dressed her in layers which she thought was funny since "There isn't even any snow!" ;) While she was gone, Brynna napped for over 3 hours...poor thing really needed it. I enjoyed making bows, reading, and catching up on laundry (Ok, so I didn't enjoy the laundry, but I enjoy having it done!). It was a rare moment to have a quiet house and a good book to read, and I soaked up every minute of it! Things were looking up again...Brynna woke up in a great mood with no fever and no belly ache, we took a walk in the brisk fall air, Braylee came home with stories about her golf outing, and then... Brynna fell in the living room. She was dancing around with their wooden flute (like a recorder) in her mouth... Screams, followed by blood coming from her mouth and her nose. Little girl has had a rough weekend. It took a chunk out of the roof of her mouth in the back, but after some Motrin and ice chips, she was dancing and singing again. I'm hoping tomorrow goes better for Brynna. :)

Ready to go golfing with Daddy.

Hugs & Kisses for Brynna

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. poor brynna. hope tomorrow is better for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope Miss Brynna is feeling better today :( Poor girl....I was sad to see the Cards lose too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad your weekend at least had SOME ups! poor miss brynna though! i hope she is much ebtter today and accident free as well!

    you look so cute in the pics at the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, poor sweet Brynna! Sounds like a yucky weekend for her, hopefully no else gets that stomach bug she had! I bet her mouth will hurt when she eats, too! Poor thing! Looks like you guys had fun at the game - love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope Little Brynna gets to feeling better.. we missed ya'll last night at the ash's....

    As far as Halloween goes all still looks good..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope Brynna had a better day yesterday! Sad that Brynna was not feeling well, but glad you had a little quiet time:) Did you get your outlets marked?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Brynna's feeling better! you and I both know how tender the roof of your mouth can be!! We also had a mouth injury at our house this week too (Megan)! Just when you think those things happen when they are little they still happen when they are older too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope by now Brynna is feeling much better!! Poor girl and then on top of it she had to have that fall...just wasn't her day:( Glad you and your hubby got to go to the game. Fun! Looks like you were sipping hot chocolate...perfect for these cold (freezing to me) days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Brynna :-( How is she feeling? I love the picture of you snuggling with Brynna. So precious. You are a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I had placenta previa w/ A (which they thought resolved itself at my 32 week u/s, but hadn't when she tried to deliver him before my c-sec by herself). So I'm thankful it's just an anterior one, even though I would be schedule for a c-sec anyway, no restrictions or anything w/ this. I guess my placenta just likes to be tricky. haha

    ReplyDelete