We sat down in their room and she had the best time reading it to us. After the 3rd page, she said, "I am reading!" I loved seeing the joy on her face! After she was done, she decided she wanted to read it to her Daddy too. I videotaped it, but it's long and I can't edit it right now because our speakers aren't working. So, I'll save it on my camera in case anyone wants to see it. :) This is what the book said:
pg. 1 I love Jesus. Jesus loves me.
pg. 2 I love my dog. I see my dog.
pg. 3 My dog sat on a mat. My dog is sad. I hug my dog.
pg. 4 I am 5. Brynna is 3. Leila is 6.
pg. 5 The car is my mom's. My dad has a blue car.
pg. 6 I run fast. Leila runs fast.
pg. 7 Brynna is my sister. I love Brynna. She is fun!
pg. 8 The stars are big. I see the stars.
She said the book was long. :) The hardest word for her? "The." She can't sound it out...always says, "t,huh,ee." ;) I told her that's one she's going to have to memorize. :) I've been surprised with how quickly she has picked up things like "ar" "sh" etc. Tomorrow, I plan to go buy some new books at Wal-mart!
*Update: My friend, Greta, brought over some beginning reader books for Braylee this morning. She read The Fat Rat and Ted's Shed (I had to help her with Ted's Shed).
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHip Hip Hooray for Braylee! Congratulations! Abby has some good Easy Readers that she can borrow. Guess God made Braylee REALLY smart too, huh?!
ReplyDeleteGood Job, Braylee!
ReplyDeletegooo braylee :)
ReplyDeletethat's great! I can help you with the word "the" when I see you again.
ReplyDeleteThere are very few words that you actually have to memorize (thanks to our phonics program) I am learning a lot!
tell her I said congratulations!
YAY for Braylee! Usborne books are great! We love them. We have Ted's Shed is red. There's is also Big Pig on a Dig. Also BR kindergarten kids get a packet of site words or as Griffin's teacher calls them "popcorn words" because they are always popping up in books. Griffin's favorite popcorn word is PLAY! Imagine that!
ReplyDeleteSusie- That's one of the reasons why I want Braylee to learn how to sound them out b/c I know public school will push the sight words. Braylee knows "ay" says long a, so I bet play is a word she could sound out.
ReplyDeleteTera--the title of your post caught my eye! Being a K teacher, I tend to notice those things :) I think it's awesome that Braylee is reading already. Many K students come not knowing any words. Have you ever looked into tucker signing? It's really helpful as far as the digraphs go..th, sh, ch, etc...anyways way to go Braylee!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Braylee! That is so awesome! Keep up the reading girl! It's alot of fun :)
ReplyDeleteGo, Braylee, go!!!!! Good for you:) Tera, you have to check out storybird.com - I just researched it for my master's class and it is such an exciting, easy, and fun (not to mention free) way to let kids make their own books! They have the cutest artwork to add to pages, and then kids can creat their own story! Check it out - super fun:)!!
ReplyDelete