Thursday, February 4, 2010

Twins are Here!!

We got the call on Tuesday evening that Tracee was going to have her babies on Wednesday. Her BP was still high and labs had gotten worse over the last week. They were able to wait on us to get to South Carolina before they did the c-section. My mom was especially excited when the doc came out and said, "You've driven this far, I thought you would like to come in for the delivery." She took my camera in and caught some great pictures. Miss Hadlee Maelynn arrived first at 5:36pm weighing 3lbs. 12 oz. and measured 16 3/4 inches. Owen Kooper was born just a minute later at 5:37pm weighing 4lbs. 4oz. and measured 17 inches. While he is bigger, he looks scrawnier than his sister. Hadlee's middle name was chosen because two of our great grandmothers' middle names were Mae and Tracee's middle name is Lynn. Owen is Nick's middle name and also the name of his late Uncle. When I asked mom if they cried right away, she said, "Well I think they were both a little teary-eyed." ;) Mom...I meant the babies! Yes, they did cry right away but were placed on c-pap to help with breathing.

Tracee was having trouble with bleeding and has gotten 3 units of blood. Twins are on ventilators but stable. They will be getting PICC lines and nasogastric tubes in today. Little Kooper had already pulled out his IV 3 times so they decided a PICC line would be better. :) The NICU is being very strict on visitors due to the flu pandemic, so only Tracee and Nick have been in there. :( Nick has taken lots of pictures and videos for us though.

Pictures are from my phone so not the best quality. These were taken last night.

Hadlee

Kooper
I will post pictures from my camera once I'm home. We appreciate all of the prayers and phone calls. Here's the address here in case anyone wants to send a card: Greenville Memorial Hospital, 701 Grove Rd., Greenville, SC 29605-5601

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. praying! glad you got to go down- i'm sure it helps them to have you explain all the medical stuff to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet are they..twins! That is great! I will keep your family in my prayers and so cool you got to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my.. it's thursday night and I just now knew you were there! how amazing! so glad things are going well.. and they look very healthy.. such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy the twins and Tracee are doing good!! Precious little babies they are. I will be praying for them!
    PS-I love the name Hadlee. One of my top 10 baby names:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweetness! Love their names! Praying everyone will continue to improve and be healthy! God is good! Congratulations to all your family and to you Aunt Tera (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for babies. They look good! Hopefully Mommy can get taken care of and rest up for the big journey! So glad you got be there- that must have meant alot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very sweet! I love the names:) glad their all doing ok. Praying for them and congratulations to aunt tera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats Auntie =) Praying all stays well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tera, thinking and praying for everyone all the time....Tell Tracee and Nick Congrats on their sweet bundles!

    ReplyDelete