Thursday, March 25, 2010

31

Last Saturday morning, Jamie and I took our kids to an Easter "Trunk Hop." The kids went to different stations to hear songs, skits, or stories about Easter. They received an egg with a treat inside at each station. Their favorite treats were "Free Frosty" coupons! They also enlisted in the Lord's Army. :)

Sunday evening, Tim, Krista, & their girls came for dinner. Sydney stayed the night...the girls' 1st sleepover in the new house. :)

Today was my birthday! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes via cards, calls, texts, and emails! I am blessed with such wonderful family and friends! This is the first time since I can remember that I worked on my birthday. It wasn't so bad though. Dr. F & Dr. B always send us flowers for our birthdays. I love the spring colors, and daisies are one of my favorite flowers. Mandi, Gabe, & Ella surprised me with a balloon, Mello Yello, and package of Twix bars. (You think they know me well?!) For lunch, we had a surprise baby shower for my friend Rose...lots of laughs and good food. Then, Alex brought the girls by the office for a surprise visit! I love getting to see my girls in the middle of the day. They also brought daisies! (I wasn't completely surprised by their flowers though since Brynna had told me recently..."I'm going to get you flowers for your birthday and daddy will pay for them and I will give them to you." :) Then this evening, we enjoyed Mi Pueblo for dinner! Yum! My final surprise was a cookie cake and the girls sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a wonderful birthday...and 31 isn't so bad.

Cute story from the girls...

Brynna: My daddy is at work. He works at the bank.

Mommy: What does daddy do at the bank?

Brynna: Umm, he takes money.

Braylee: No, he earns money!

One more...
(Note: For all of you who frequent Holiday World, you know there are trash cans EVERYWHERE!)
The other day, we had 3 trash cans lined up and Braylee said, "This looks like Holiday World!" ;) It's amazing the things kids notice that you'd think they would be completely oblivious about!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Tera, it looks like you had a wonderful 31st. I hope you got my voice mail!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I seen your comment on my blog about the cloth diapers. I actually ordered mine off of ebay.....new not used by the way...hahahaha....they are called babyland and I got 10 of them for $44. Abby came to my house the night I got them so we could compare them to Cales. She uses the Bum Genius cloth diaper. Anyways they look just like the Bum Genius. Abby said the only difference is my insert looks just a little bit smaller and the diapers I ordered have snaps. So far I'm really pleased with mine. I really debated on the bum genius diapers but was really scared to spend that kind of money and it not work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! The flowers are beautiful, my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy late birthday! your flowers were gorgeous! and that cookie cake looks yummy! brynna just cracks me up with her comment about daddy buying the flowers and her giving them to you! i'm glad you had a great 31st (you still look 21) :)

    too cute about braylee and the trash can story! i think brycen notices more details about things than i do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, happy belated birthday. What a sweet surprise (er, kind of) from your kids! The girls' room is adorable -- such a girlie place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday Tera! Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday!! Looks like you got lots of surprises...sounded like a pretty good b-day to me:) Loved the colors in the flowers and that cookie cake was cute. Did your girls help pick the cake out?! Just wondering b/c there was a lot of pink and purple on it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you have good friends, because I just totally forgot your birthday! So Sorry...Looks like you had a good day and I hope you have many, many more good birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for being honest about not missing me. :( ha Hope your trip was fun. Im sure you'll post about it soon.. can't wait to read about it

    ReplyDelete