Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

I've not been very good about taking pictures the last couple of weeks. Emily has been here for a couple of play dates, we've been to her house to keep Mandy company, and Lillie came for a sleepover this week...but I have no pictures to show for it! Braylee also hit off the pitching machine...and got a triple!! But no pictures. She told everyone she got a home run b/c they let her run into home after the inning was over. ;) Last night was the girls' last night of Awana. They sang songs, recited Bible verses, and then had a picnic...again no pictures. :(

On Mother's Day, the girls surprised me with a Mello Yello and Whatchmacallit in bed. (I blame both of these obsessions on my dad. ;)) After church, we went to the children's museum in Evansville. (I think I look so tired in this picture.)

I loved the girls' scary dinosaur poses. :)

They were good about delegating jobs.
Here Brynna is the "worker" and Braylee is the "builder."
Then Brynna was the "doctor"...
while Braylee was the "pet nurse."
May 11th was a special day. It's been a year since Gramps died...hard to believe. The girls and I went to my Grammy's for the day. Luke (my cousin's son who is the same age as Braylee) was there too. We ate lunch and then took flowers down to the cemetery. I loved walking around the cemetery as my Grammy explained how we were related to so many of the people buried there. I love how she knows so much about her heritage. She showed me my great-great-great grandparents' grave...and then the lineage down to her and Gramps. We also drove around the town she grew up in. Her parents built a house when she was 3 that she grew up in. I still remember visiting my great grandmother there. We stopped by the house and I couldn't believe how little it had changed. And...Braylee climbed in the big old tree that I climbed in as a little girl..just like my mom and my Grammy had too. We talked about Gramps a lot and I know it was very therapeutic for all of us.

The 12th was Braylee's Spring pre-school program. The school year has flown by! Here she is with her buddy, Brycen N.
And with Lillie Y. & Addison H.

Tomorrow is a big day for Braylee...her preschool graduation!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. i have been the same way about taking pictures lately :(

    sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun though!!

    have fun at the big pre-school graduation today. b's is monday night :( i can't believe our "babies" will be in Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great you could spend the whole day with your grammy! I bet she was very happy!! Sounds like your girls are keeping busy hanging out with there friends...and they live so close now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have that same dress! Is it brown with little white polka dots... from Target I think? You don't look tooo tired... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful wedding pictures. You guys are such a lovely couple! (Oh, and I did AWANA growing up!)

    ReplyDelete