Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Surgery Day

Brielle had a minor, outpatient surgery today at St. Mary's. (I used to work in their Peds/PICU when we lived down there so it was nice to feel at home.) She was greeted in Same Day surgery with a welcome sign, a stuffed bear, and a Winnie the Pooh book. We had to be there bright and early so she was pretty tired when we first arrived.

We were worried about her not being able to eat since she loves to eat as soon as she wakes up. Thankfully, she never asked until we made it to the hospital and was calm when she'd tell us she wanted to eat. Then she said, "cookie? I wanna cookie." Yep, that's our girl. :)  She asked several times and Daddy said he would get her one soon.
Checking out her new bear. She got to keep the cute pillowcase too.
This may just be my favorite picture of the two of us...love her so much!

Coloring lasted a whole 3 minutes...

I think she looks so big in this picture but she's really not.  She weighs almost 22 lbs now.
(20.8 when we arrived home.)

Waiting for surgery.

Practicing with the mask. St. Mary's did not disappoint. They took excellent care of her.
Hugs from daddy before surgery

Some snuggles from momma

She finally decided it was ok to change into the gown.

When they brought her back to Same Day Surgery from recovery, she sat up and gave momma lots of hugs. Then she slept for another hour.

She's sleeping...sometimes her eyes are open a little, just like Brynna. ;)
She was quite a charmer. The nurses all came in to see the "cute little girl in room 20." She never cried while we were at the hospital...not even a whimper when they took her IV out.
Drink, girly, so we can go home! :)


We went straight to Panera to get that girl a cookie!

She's happy with her cookie...for about a minute. She ate maybe two bites of it. Then she went into a post-anesthesia I-don't-like-how-this-stuff-makes-me-feel fit. She screamed and kicked like we have never seen before. Quite frankly, I hope we never do again. She was just not herself and I could tell she was miserable. Thankfully, she slept on the way home. She had a cranky afternoon but seems to be feeling better now. 

Thanks for all of the prayers for our little princess. (For other APs, the surgery was unexpected in that we didn't know about this SN until we were home but we aren't sure how long it has been an issue. It may not have ever presented itself in China.)

11 comments:

  1. Great to see she did so well. We are in the same boat with unexpected SN, but we are dealing with it and moving forward. Brielle is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how well she did!! Such a trooper and I know it helped that mommy and daddy where right with her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, even in a hospital gown. Glad everything is well, praying she back to normal today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart - seems like she tolerated everything so well (except that one little moment after Panera)! I love that you guys went right to Panera to get a cookie - you two are so sweet! Where did you get that dress she had on (purple?) I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brave little girl. She is just precious. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trooper! You gotta love those hospital gowns even though they are there to have surgery they still look so stinkin cute in those tiny little gowns! You two are awesome parents! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad she did so well! Such a gorgeous little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad everything went well and that her unexpected SN was an easy fix!!! She is even adorable in a hospital gown! So cute!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tera she's incredibly beautiful. I'm sorry I keep saying it but I melt at every photo! ;) What was the procedure for? The pictures are precious and I too LOVE that pic of you and her!

    ReplyDelete