Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Bria's 1st Birthday! {Winter ONEderland}

How in the world is our precious little gem a year old already?!  It's hard to think she will be our last tiny baby but Alex said he's ready to say goodbye to the "under 1" stage! ha! The year has flown by! I worry that we didn't soak it in enough, but we sure tried!

Bria at 1 year... she flies up and down the stairs, even with her big pink cast. She was starting to take independent steps before her leg was broken (and she still attempts to walk with it though she's not supposed to!). She still hates bath time. She has 7 teeth. Her favorite foods are mommy's milk, bananas, and pasta. She babbles a lot but really only says mama, dada, hey, and "etta" (LeEtta is our babysitter.). She LOVES playing with baby dolls and emptying out cabinets.  She won us all over with those sparkly blue eyes a long time ago and might be a tad bit spoiled.
Beilyn and the other girls helped me get things set up in the basement.
We had a Chili Bar and a Hot Cocoa Bar.
Bria & Great-Granny
Emilee, Mamaw, and Aunt Mandi
(Bet you can't guess who poked all of the holes in the tablecloth?!)
New chair from Mamaw & Papaw!
Snuggling her new bear from Granny.
Those little toes ♥
I love this picture because it looks like she is in charge and giving orders! 😄
She loves her new name puzzle from Gramma & Pappy. 
Opening a new outfit from Great Aunt Sue

And a new toy from Aunt Heather & Uncle Travis
Clothes from Granny & Pa
A ballerina bunny and new book from Aunt Mandi and family
A fancy headband and pretty dress from Krista and family
The first thing she did was pull the candle off the cake.
Not so sure about the lit candle
I pulled her hand back when she tried to grab the candle and that was it. She was scared and didn't want anything to do with the cake then.
Alex and I both tried feeding her but she wasn't interested.
So pitiful and cute at the same time
Bria & Uncle Travis
Granny, Bria, & Pa
She wasn't a fan of the cake, but she sure thinks her Papaw is funny!
Big happy giggles
I can imagine the sound my dad is making, acting as though her dainty little "five" hurt him.
Papaw, Bria, & Mamaw
(Gramma & Pappy were in Florida.)
Bria had a broken leg, I was sick, neither of my sisters' families could make it, I didn't get any of her monthly pictures hung like I had planned, and yet, we still celebrated the gift of our 1st year with Bria! Success!

On her actual birthday, we went out to eat after church. We knew better than to light her candle this time though! She loved her little cupcake! 
Brynna is always doing some kind of performance around here!
Still a little uneasy about the candle. ha!
Just one bite and she realized this was good stuff.
Let's not forget it was daddy's birthday too!
The girls gave him a personalized desk calendar.
I still wasn't feeling well so this is how most of our day was spent. Lots of snuggle time. ♥

We love you, Bria AnnaClaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment