Friday, December 23, 2016

December 2016 {Dance Recitals, Sleep Study, & more}

December was a rough month for me. I was really sick and literally could barely walk some days. I couldn't work, Alex was trying to take care of all 5 girls and me, and I hated that I was missing out on fun holiday festivities with my family. Thankfully, after 4 weeks of antibiotics and 5 weeks of steroids, I was feeling on the mend by Christmas.  I was determined I wasn't going to miss everything though so I tried to push through and enjoy as much as I could!
December 3rd~ I took my little girls to Miss Mouse's Christmas party at the courthouse. I used to take Braylee & Brynna when they were little too! (Bria was attached to my hip the entire time so no pics of her.)
Beilyn's letter to Santa ~ She asked for cotton candy, a purple flute, a baby doll, and a new stroller.
Brielle asked Santa for a necklace and an American Girl doll.
Braylee & Sydney cheering for the Jr High boys team.
When I watched Braylee cheer, I kept having flash backs to my cheer days.
Me at 13 on the left and Braylee at 12 on the right.


Dec 6~ Bria's 1 yr well check. She was 29.25 inches and 20 lbs with the cast. (She weighed 19lbs in the ER the week before.)  She had an ear infection in her right ear and ran a fever for the next week. That was fun...an ear infection and a broken leg at the same time. Neither of us got much sleep that week.
Never a dull moment with this spunky girl.
Dec 9~ Brielle made a gingerbread house at school.
December 10th~ Practicing her fork skills
December 12th~ Mamaw & I were determined to get a little Christmas shopping in.
Beilyn picked out a cookie and had her 1st Build-a-Bear experience too!
She named her Elsa because she has a cape.
Beilyn's pre-school program
They got to see Santa again!
December 17th~ Brielle's 1st Christmas recital!
Brielle & Brynna both did an amazing job dancing!
December 20th~ She loves to stand by our tub and turn the water off and on.
December 22nd~ At the hospital before Beilyn's sleep study
Wired as always. She said, "This not hopill [hospital], this hotel!"
It was a Christmas miracle that Beilyn sat still for this! She was watching Sofia the First.
I wanted to take a picture of all of the EEG electrodes on her head but I didn't dare move because she was being so still!
They added the layer of coban on top to help prevent her from pulling any of it off.
She told me she looked like the "bad guys on Narnia!"
Still has her eyes on the TV. ;)
Ready for bed. It was quite a night. At 3am, she was begging to "go back home." She wasn't nearly as cooperative when they took everything off the next morning. She also had to have some labs drawn. After the lab tech left, she said, "hopill durl awmo may me die!" (Hospital girl almost made me die!" haha!
She had her 1st ever McMuffin after we left the hospital.
December 23rd~ Making Christmas cookies!
Tonight, we had the Swartzentruber family (Alex's mom's side) Christmas gathering at church.
That smile! You've got to love this kid.
Sue & Bridgette put together Minute-to-Win-It games for the bigger kids.
Sydney & Braylee won!
It didn't matter where Gramma was in the room, Bria would spot her and screech until we took her. ♥
More Christmas posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment